Help me identify this part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSoAmazin

I finally got around to disassembling the Tmaxx i just bought and the center of the spur gear is completely melted. I've got a new spur gear but I'm trying to figure out what this part is. Since the plastic is melted onto it, I don't know if I can scrape it off or if I should just get another one. I thought it was the slipper pad but it doesn't look like the pictures I am seeing for the one for the 3.3 motor. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
Yup drive hub and slipper mount also, it is steel so you outta be able to clean and sand or wirewheel it back into life.... but on the other hand they are not too spendy so replacing those parts outta be cheap enuff also....
That residue is parts of the gear and the slipper pegs used on older TRX models I would get new slipper plates though because they have been very HOT and are most likely done for.........

Thanks, Jam! Any recommendation of which one? I didn't know if this one was made for the 2.5 engine and it was mounted to the 3.3, which might have been too much for it but I'm just guessing. I have heard about ceramic slipper clutches but that might be something different.

to be honest, there are much better slippers out there for racing and such but if adjusted correctly the stock unit works pretty well..... tighten it all the way down and there is no need to spend excess money on it.....

:):)What, is this a TRAXXAS forum now..... OH! Yes I guess technically it is.

Long live the TRAXXAS Savage!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back