Help me ID this motor, and its potential!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

So I bought this lot of parts off eBay, mostly because I wanted the bulkheads, etc. In the bottom of the box was the motor below, as well as a motor mount assembly to install this motor into a Savage. This is going to go into my 1/5 scale project since I believe it is a .46 out of a Truckzilla, but I am not sure, and could use some help!

Since this is going to be puching Jumbo Kongs around, I care more about power than speed, just for the record.

Here it is:
gse_multipart292802.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart285339.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart252882.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart292839.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart145492.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart261926.tmp.jpg

gse_multipart273014.tmp.jpg

Aside from the twisted fuel intake port on the carb (needs to be rotated) and the side exhaust port (more like an airplane or helicopter motor) it looks very usable - needs to be cleaned up, but otherwise in good shape.

I am not looking for a perfect motor, and I am not going to race it, I am just looking for something to bang around with - for what I paid for this motor, and for as good as the compression is, I would love to be able to get SOME use out of it!

Thanks,

Bob

that is the .46 tuckzilla mill. a standard 28 will sadly spank it

Edit: just read the text with the pics looked at the pics and answered off the thread title... you are 100% right!

Yes that's right!! I had (have) one that needs a piston and sleeve. Mine SCREAMED!! That motor is very hard to tune but, if you hit the settings right it will have all the low end that you will need. Mine wasn't a speed motor it had more low end than anything. Does it run? I have been looking for a piston and sleeve for mine just not willing to spend the money. If you need any parts for it let me know.

I am looking for parts actually - I need a one-way bearing, pull start, and a manifold - have any you looking to part with?

Thanks!

Bob

I have that motor in my Savage, you can actually bolt the pull start and OWB from the 21 onto it. I had to do this with mine, when the rope on the stock pullstart broke.

I have that motor in my Savage, you can actually bolt the pull start and OWB from the 21 onto it. I had to do this with mine, when the rope on the stock pullstart broke.

WHERE THE *^&#$ WERE YOU A MONTH AGO? :lmao4:

Thanks! I did get my hands on a new one, a new OWB, and a bunch of other goodies for it, so I am well prepared for the inevitable. DEFIANTELY going tio have to keep that in mind!

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry, just started cruising this forum. The motor has good power, but is a pain to tune. Mine is just getting broken in really. Remember to loosen up the glow plug a bit when you try to start it if it is a freash motor. Mine was damn near impossible to start in the beginning. I had lots of blisters from trying to start it, even with the glow plug loosened up. Good luck with it, let us know how it turns out.

Sorry, just started cruising this forum. The motor has good power, but is a pain to tune. Mine is just getting broken in really. Remember to loosen up the glow plug a bit when you try to start it if it is a freash motor. Mine was damn near impossible to start in the beginning. I had lots of blisters from trying to start it, even with the glow plug loosened up. Good luck with it, let us know how it turns out.

just noticed it was only your second post here so thought i would take the time to welcome you to the forum....

i don't know anything about that motor but i am planning on putting an o.s. 30vg on my savage xl and i know that motor will have so much torque and speed on savage it will be awesome i have had one on a jammin x1crt truggy pro kit and it was awesome

Thanks Sadsack!

MDG, yes motors this big have huge torque. I stripped out the drive hubs on the stock wheels. I have now upgraded the hub adapters to 23mm hexes. I would have gone with 17mm, but my LHS had 23mm ones in the discount bin, so I picked those up. I shouldn't have to worry about any more stripped out wheels.

Thanks Sadsack!

MDG, yes motors this big have huge torque. I stripped out the drive hubs on the stock wheels. I have now upgraded the hub adapters to 23mm hexes. I would have gone with 17mm, but my LHS had 23mm ones in the discount bin, so I picked those up. I shouldn't have to worry about any more stripped out wheels.
Nope no worries there... I run them on my builds too. Sweet rims but the adapters do strip the drive pin holes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back