Help me choose! Badlands, Bow Ties, or Dirt Bones? What wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Because they seem to me like a lot more than even 3/4". The hex is almost even with the inner edge of the rim. I guess the SPI's might be a touch farther, but it just seems like compared to the stock wheel mounting location that the hex on these is like an inch and a half deeper into the wheel. Also you can see pretty much the entire rear hub looking at the truck from the back, kinda like the SPI's. Who knows? Like I said, whatever they are, I like 'em! Gonna give it it's first run today but it's all wet out right now, plus it's only quarter to 8 in the morning now. I'm thinkin' the neighbors wouldn't appreciate the ERCM pipe this early in the morning, on a sunday LOL. Got the 18/47 gearing in it yesterday, the new wheels/tires and the LRP Z.28R Spec 3. Should be good!

Ok first impressions of this setup are pretty good except I'm not sure about the forward traction of these tires. The LRP Z.28R Spec 3 and 18/47 gearing seem to spin them in the grass at any speed. Even all the way up to top speed you can hear the tires spinning even over the ERCM end bleed pipe! It will still do wheelies from a stop very easily but only if the tires hook up good enough. Heck, even when the tire are spinning like crazy it'll carry the front tires for a short distance on occasion. Top speed wasn't as fast as I was hoping for. It rips, don't get me wrong, it's a little faster than before but I think the smaller diameter tires soaked up some of my gains in this area. I can't wait to throw on the terrapins and do some speed runs it's really gonna haul. Its faster than before now even with the small tires on there, and I can't believe how much bottom end it still has. Carzy acceleration and the only reason it doesn't wheeie is because the tires aren't getting enough traction. I think they will do sweet on more loose terrain like dirt and gravel where the long peg-style treads can dig in more. The handling is much improved now! The truck has much quicker turn-in and resists rollovers much more than before. It will even let the tail slide when cornering hard with the same suspension setup. I didn't think these tires would allow it to slide but they do, just the right amount, and only if you really yank the truck to one side quickly. Cool for running around the yard cause you can do a quick turn around if your heading towards an obstacle that you might normally get stuck against with no ability to reverse. Seems as though the LRP is runng up against a wall for traction now. Never thought that would be an issue until I got this mill LOL! Anyone know if the Badlands hook up better in grass? I might get a set of those on another set of these same wheels for different terrains.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back