help lrp 28 tuneing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angellewalsh

ok i have a lrp 28 spec 3 .it has 3 tanks trur it.it is way to rich.it spits fuel out the pipe.runs like crap.went to factory specs it runs worse.leaned out evrything still spits.i think the fac specs are lsn 2 1/2 out hsn 3 1/1/2 i had the hsn at 1 out still spits and runs like crap.i did a pinch test it dies at 5 sec.any help please

Set your needles to flush. Then turn your lsn in bout a 1/4 turn to start with and the hsn from flush to about 2 turns in to see if it starts leaning it up. Factory settings are hot accurate due to different altitudes and climates. Just start out fully flush. Then start turning hsn in till it has good power but don't have a hanging rpm when you let off. If it hangs then rutchen it up slightly till there's no high reving rpm when you let off the throttle once that's ok. Turn lsn from flush till you get a crisp throttle response. It will heed idle adjusted as well cause when you lean the needles out it increses the idle rpm. Hope this helps.

I'm not just trying to get it to stay running.i have a mid tank build.if the tank is higier than the mill will that allow to much fuel

No it can only sick in or blow in as much fuel as the needles will allow. And like dab said its only 3 tanks. Go slow break it in before speed tuning. Also with a new engine its best to rub really Ritch and the new engines are a bit harder to tune till broken in. So just go slow and be paitent it will reward you in the end.

yup..take it easy on the RPM for a jug or so and always turn the crank to bottom dead center after shut down , you can make a mark on the flywheel with a marker for reference

Just a quick remark. I have the same engine and I believe factory settings are 2 1/2 out from closed on both. Have to check the manual but I know they sit above flush. But these are very rich settings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back