Help identify Savage X 4.6 and what model engine please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptKlink

I just got this savage and being new to the savage i need help IDing the model/year and what model 4.6 engine it has.

Heres a few pics. If you need more i can take more if needed.
IMAG0819.jpg IMAG0821.jpg IMAG0823.jpg IMAG0840.jpg IMAG0841.jpg

Awesome thxs. One more quick question. Will any F4.6 Piston and sleeve work or would I need to find a certain one?

That has a grey case nut......it's an F4.1.

engine.jpg

cptklink you have the following Savage:
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/859

If considering a piston and sleeve set you may also want to get a rod, and of course bearings inside the engine also, chances are they have as much or more wear on them as the piston and sleeve....
But on the other hand just replacing the engine with a better setup you may consider just going that route, for about 200 bux you get a whole new :ercm: and have less to worry about....

Thing won't start right now if my life depended on it. Most likely going to take the nitro out and convert to electric. So much easier. plug in and go.

oh with the constant tuning even with the slightest change in weather. And then if it doesn't start having to wonder if its an air leak, or a dead glow plug, or a dead glow plug igniter, or maybe the piston and or sleeve is worn out, or maybe still got some water in the fuel or carb. With electric its pretty easy to narrow down if it doesn't work Receiver, ESC or motor. And also with brushless theirs no break in time. Even if its all brand new. Just install it all hook up a battery and hit the throttle.

Yes , but a true gearhead seems to like the sounds, see the exhaust and do all the tuning to make the rig perform as they see fit..... I have both and I prefer nitro to electric much more...... it is all in how you wish to play and if you enjoy tinkering a bit.....

I like tinkering just not that kind. When i break a part i like to tare it apart to fix it. But when I want to go out and drive I don't want to mess with an engine tune it again and what not. I just want to flick a switch and go. Now if they where like my dirt bike or snowmobile and where like the bigger 2 stroke engines. Where their not quite as finicky and with the occasional adjustment here or there needed then I would be all for Nitro.

LOL I got the truck running last night. Still has plenty of power but then learnt the front diff is toast.

I like tinkering just not that kind. When i break a part i like to tare it apart to fix it. But when I want to go out and drive I don't want to mess with an engine tune it again and what not. I just want to flick a switch and go. Now if they where like my dirt bike or snowmobile and where like the bigger 2 stroke engines. Where their not quite as finicky and with the occasional adjustment here or there needed then I would be all for Nitro.

i am sure it will be more than 200 bux to go electric with your rig, batteries, Esc and motor will take alot out of your budget, if going to go this route i would suggest going with the machined BP diff gears for strength and reliability, you will also most likely want to go with a better spur and slipper setup as brushless systems are hard on these parts, also consider going with HPI's 17mm hexes and outer buggy style nuts because it will help keep the wheels on in rough conditions with brushless power systems..

Latest posts

Members online

Back