Help i am going to break it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisw

To fast for my own good
I need a little help here,got a LRP with about 5 to 7 tanks, right now at this point when it get hot it will not stay running it got uo to 240 today and thats the hottest it ever got.It also revs high off of a accel ,and it will not hold fuel pressure when its hot u can watch the fuel flow back into the tank when it cut out .I am at a lost here and going crazy can someone help.I have change fuel line,tanks ,removed the filter and ran the lines different:retarded:

Well if the engine wont run after getting warm thats usually a dead engine. But if its that new that shouldn't be the case. 240F is not that bad of a temp on a nitro engine. I like mine closer to 270F. What do you mean by the engine is reving? After you let off the gas it revs? Maybe the low speed needle is too lean if thats the case.

Are you still running at stock settings? Engines lean out as they get hot. Thats why you don't tune them until they are at running temp. Over 200 deg.

The high reving sounds like a lean lsn. A pressure leak could be the cause of a lean condition and no fuel in the lines when running. If it only runs out when it cuts out thats normal. The fuel could go back to the tank because there is no longer any pressure from the exhaust to pressurize the tank.

If you started tuneing it, I think you tuned it to a cold temp. Then when it gets to running temp, its lean. esp the lsn.

Kinda had the same problem w/ mine .. I think its the stupid savage tank.. I probaly not going to run the lrp much until I can mid tank it

well i no its not a bad engine it has real good compresson,i am going to set it back to stock setting and start over,is there any other tank that will work better with out doing a mid tank

yea its sealed everthing but the pull start,hey jester i just ordered that tank i will let u know how it is

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know why i didnt do the roto start,but just to let you all no LRP is running great need to get 1st to shift a little later no big deal but anyway will pull big joe 40's on beadlocks goff the ground,not all the way to the wheelie bar but off the ground and it is crazy fast anr running it wide open for 1/2 tank temp only got to 230,thats one truck down one one to go

Latest posts

Members online

Back