help hop axial .32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnage79

i want a serious tough engine w/ some hardcore balls. i like what i here on this site about the engine. is it really all that? sts.30 vs. axial .32? do i need to strengthen anything on my savage x to run this engine(axial .32)? what's the horsepower? i want to get all gains and no losses. i don't want to increase speed, but lose my sweet wheelies.

I have an Axial .28 and I love it. My next engine will be an STS .30 just because I want to get my hands on this engine and see if it really has a performance boost compared to the Axial. To run either engine you should have aluminum diffs, although my buddy runs an STS .28 with plastic cups hasn't had problems yet. Aluminum diffs are all, My stock Savage X dogbones/driveshafts have been through the stock F4.1, a Picco .28, and Axial .28 and they have twisted but haven't snapped yet. Keep your plastic spur meshed and it will last for gallons. Axial engines are easy to tune, break-in, and run. They have TONS of power on tap and are great engines. I have never run any STS engine so I can't comment.

I have the surefire and the sts.30 (the surefire is really close too the axial 32)
the manf.. says the surefire .32 has 3.6 hp(but take that w/ a grain of salt) as with any manf. they will tell u allot of stuff(you can check out mega's dyno thread)in the engine/tuned pipe thread... to find out what these engines do..

I think you can't go worng w/ any of these engine youll be happy..

another mill to look at is the SH28P6/XTM 457 , its amazingly powerful and fast.... Honestly it has more tourque then the Axial 32 and alot more top end... and is pretty much just as easy to tune... I have videos of a 457 Savage racing a Axial 32 Savage, since we ran together all summer...... The 457 is flat out faster then the 32.... Modded its insane.

heres a video of a moded Spec 2 ( same as 457/P6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rLrjfImzXU

and heres a little video of a STS 30

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Axial, these engines are great. We have 4 and wont even look at other motors anymore. They run flawless, no leaks, easy tuning and sick power. I wont badmouth other engines, but there are quite a few out there that arent as good as theyre made out to be.

Get the Axial, these engines are great. We have 4 and wont even look at other motors anymore. They run flawless, no leaks, easy tuning and sick power. I wont badmouth other engines, but there are quite a few out there that arent as good as theyre made out to be.

isn't this forum for sharing knowledge and ideas ? If you don't like a brand of engine please speak up ! I may have things to say about an engine that people may not agree with, but I am not bashing any engines, i am telling the truth of hundreds of hours of R+D on these engines. Debating about engines is not something worthy of fighting over... IMHO for $200 a person could buy alot of different motors, so do your research !!! What advantages does an Axial 32 have over a STS 30, SH 28P6/XTM 457, Picco 28, LRP Spec 3, STS 28 ? DO you think an Axial 32 outperforms these other mills ? or is the ease of use that makes it the top choice ? I mean isn't debating this stuff what a forum is for ? I for one own all the motors in my list, and have lots of time modding and running them.

I have 2 32's, 1 28, and a K4.6.... All of them modded ! very good running motors. Just expensive for the performance IMHO.. When Axial's new line of engines come out I will buy another Axial..... For those who don't know Axials 28 and 32 were not designed by Axial.. But since the 32 and 28 Axial has hired some big talent in engine design and are working on a new series of racing off road engines.... The original 28 and 32 are decent, but are not a true grade race engine, the new line of Axials will be ! IMHO the current line of Axials big blocks are a great motor for someone who wants an easy to use trouble free big displacement mill, they do make great power, but at their pricepoint there are alot of much stronger engines to be had.....I am an engine modder, so to me the most power matters the most... to others this may not be as important.

I have Integra building me a savage right now, maybe i'll get another Axial 32 and do a fresh mod job on it... In all fairness the Axials never got anywhere near the level of mods I now do to the STS motors....I think my Axials were the first motors I altered port timing on.... So in all likelyhood I could do alot more with an an Axial 32 now then before.. In theory having the bigger displacement should give the Axial an advantage over the other motors.....The Axial 32's were awesome modded, insane throttle snap and power, but no matter what I did they always fell short on top end.... I will do another Axial and see what can be done.... the worlds fastest savage runs a modded 4.6/Axial 28...

isn't this forum for sharing knowledge and ideas ? If you don't like a brand of engine please speak up ! I may have things to say about an engine that people may not agree with, but I am not bashing any engines, i am telling the truth of hundreds of hours of R+D on these engines. Debating about engines is not something worthy of fighting over... IMHO for $200 a person could buy alot of different motors, so do your research !!! What advantages does an Axial 32 have over a STS 30, SH 28P6/XTM 457, Picco 28, LRP Spec 3, STS 28 ? DO you think an Axial 32 outperforms these other mills ? or is the ease of use that makes it the top choice ? I mean isn't debating this stuff what a forum is for ? I for one own all the motors in my list, and have lots of time modding and running them.

I have 2 32's, 1 28, and a K4.6.... All of them modded ! very good running motors. Just expensive for the performance IMHO.. When Axial's new line of engines come out I will buy another Axial..... For those who don't know Axials 28 and 32 were not designed by Axial.. But since the 32 and 28 Axial has hired some big talent in engine design and are working on a new series of racing off road engines.... The original 28 and 32 are decent, but are not a true grade race engine, the new line of Axials will be ! IMHO the current line of Axials big blocks are a great motor for someone who wants an easy to use trouble free big displacement mill, they do make great power, but at their pricepoint there are alot of much stronger engines to be had.....I am an engine modder, so to me the most power matters the most... to others this may not be as important.

I don't think anyones saying this engine can outperform another I think people including me are saying that we love these engines and prefer them for different reasons. I don't want to see this turn into a "my dad can beat up your dad" thread.

I am not saying that this forum isn't for discussion and debate. I am saying that people on this forum are sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, and not everybody wants an STS. not everybody can tune an STS, and not everybody wants to play with shims or mod their engines. I have watched the vids, and I have run our trucks, and to be quite honest, I don't see much difference if any. My statement was based on the numerous threads on this forum talking about leaks, losing pinch after a quart of break-in, having to change shims etc.

I have received PM's from people who are annoyed with the STS plug in every engine thread, and these are folks who run a variety of engines. Look in your previous posts, and all you will see is STS this and STS that. We have had people leave this site over it. I am not willing to lose any more. I will do whatever it takes to stop that from happening again. It sucks having people take a jab at your favorites doesnt it? I suggest letting it go right now.

guys guys guys... end of the day they are toy engines in toy cars (big boys toys anyway). this isnt world changing politics. we all like different things.

I quite often get drawn to an engine by the pretty colour of the head, erm i mean, eh, the manly roar they make. thats it. :D

I wish some one will get the surefire .32 so I would have something in common w/ someone!!!!!! I really can't vouch for any other engines. because I only have the surefire and the sts and the stock 25... hell I love my stock 25. good little engine, Iam sure any engine that anyone chooses to prefer,(if it runs good ) buy it and you'll be happy !!

The S-25 was a great motor!! I ran one for a long time and so did Bama. They run forever, and have ample power for a basher. It's not gonna set the world on fire, but I don't think many motors tune easier. I would run one again.

I am not saying that this forum isn't for discussion and debate. I am saying that people on this forum are sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, and not everybody wants an STS. not everybody can tune an STS, and not everybody wants to play with shims or mod their engines. I have watched the vids, and I have run our trucks, and to be quite honest, I don't see much difference if any. My statement was based on the numerous threads on this forum talking about leaks, losing pinch after a quart of break-in, having to change shims etc.

I have received PM's from people who are annoyed with the STS plug in every engine thread, and these are folks who run a variety of engines. Look in your previous posts, and all you will see is STS this and STS that. We have had people leave this site over it. I am not willing to lose any more. I will do whatever it takes to stop that from happening again. It sucks having people take a jab at your favorites doesnt it? I suggest letting it go right now.

theres alot more awesome engines then a STS or Axial.. The STS 30 is not my favorite, it is the best performer, but not necesarly my favorite.... I work on alot of different engines, Axial, SH, STS etc. when i get a motyor my goal is to make it as fast as possible, i treat every brand the same..I play no favorites... I run STS because we race competively... the SH and Axial mills cannot provide the power or the economy of the STS mills... I also mainly race Truggy and the RPM range of the Axials is not suited to single speed applications. The STS on the other hand are built to rev...

Anyways I am sorry if you think I am taking shots at your mills, I am not ! I don't play favorites, I test and mod all these engines equaly, and I talk regularly with the head of Axials R+D ....

heres a video of us running an Axial 32 and a XTM 457

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=1507681063108313127

heres a small video of a Axial 32

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-9493109501911570

I wish some one will get the surefire .32 so I would have something in common w/ someone!!!!!! I really can't vouch for any other engines. because I only have the surefire and the sts and the stock 25... hell I love my stock 25. good little engine, Iam sure any engine that anyone chooses to prefer,(if it runs good ) buy it and you'll be happy !!

the Surefire and Axial are identical mills...

I would like to c the crank and the sleeve of the axial (stock) if someone can post the pic I will of my surefire.. then we will c for sure ..

Is your axial stock or your surefire for that matter if they are stock take a few pic. ill do the same if needed!

Latest posts

Members online

Back