Help! broke a ball hex inside a screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwatKat

Hello! I've just made one stupid thing. As my hex driver was worn out I decided to unscrew the screws on the motor cover plate with a ball hex driver. But the ball broke and now it's stuck inside the screw. How can I unscrew it? I do not have a lot of wrenching tools and need some advice...

Thanks

Hello! I've just made one stupid thing. As my hex driver was worn out I decided to unscrew the screws on the motor cover plate with a ball hex driver. But the ball broke and now it's stuck inside the screw. How can I unscrew it? I do not have a lot of wrenching tools and need some advice...

Thanks

id try to drill it out. then drill out the screw head, take off the cover & remove the shaft with pliers or vice-grips

Thanks. I'll try to find a 1-2 mm drill and maybe the rest will go out.

PS. The next thing will be to replace the tools (duratrax) that I have with some O'Donnell or something else...

I know it was my mistake, but the tools also play an important role...

Thanks again. Will keep you posted..

Allrignt, got it! Got help from a friend who used a disc to cut a line in the screw and then used a straight screwdriver to remove it.

Today I also got all the parts (except the hpi hd engine mount) and will start rebuilding the truck. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Members online

Back