Help! broke a ball hex inside a screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwatKat

Hello! I've just made one stupid thing. As my hex driver was worn out I decided to unscrew the screws on the motor cover plate with a ball hex driver. But the ball broke and now it's stuck inside the screw. How can I unscrew it? I do not have a lot of wrenching tools and need some advice...

Thanks

Hello! I've just made one stupid thing. As my hex driver was worn out I decided to unscrew the screws on the motor cover plate with a ball hex driver. But the ball broke and now it's stuck inside the screw. How can I unscrew it? I do not have a lot of wrenching tools and need some advice...

Thanks

id try to drill it out. then drill out the screw head, take off the cover & remove the shaft with pliers or vice-grips

Thanks. I'll try to find a 1-2 mm drill and maybe the rest will go out.

PS. The next thing will be to replace the tools (duratrax) that I have with some O'Donnell or something else...

I know it was my mistake, but the tools also play an important role...

Thanks again. Will keep you posted..

Allrignt, got it! Got help from a friend who used a disc to cut a line in the screw and then used a straight screwdriver to remove it.

Today I also got all the parts (except the hpi hd engine mount) and will start rebuilding the truck. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back