helllp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopertruper108

so here's the thing
i have i savage 25
when i go to prime it or start it NO fuel gets to the carb
i took the carb off to check it out and it looks finee
PLZ HELP!

Do you have the older primer tank? They tend to be an air leak. Also check the tank in the spot directly in front of the rear shock tower. Often times, the upper shock bolt can gauge into the tank if the truck hits something hard. Look to see if there is even the slightest mark on the tank there, it doesnt take much to puncture it. If there is an air leak, it wont prime. Also, replace your fuel lines. It is cheap insurance.

Agree 100% with the above.
Mine is in perfect shape and I still have the same issue on occasion. I must actually take the return line off the pipe and blow through it - hard - at times to get the fuel to the carb if to get it to start. I think the huge fuel filter and the way I have the lines routed is causing the problem for me. But once it gets going, its fine for the rest of the day.

look around the top edge of your tank. On hard landings, my shock tower screws would puncture my tank, therefore not allowing me to priime it due to the air leak.

Remember to make sure that your fuel tank lid is sealing. I have to let mine slap shut, or push on it after it is closed. You can feel it snap shut if you push down on it.

Considering this thread was last posted in a year ago. iwould imagine he either fixed the prob or died for lack of bashing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back