WTB Heavy duty axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimshamis

Need heavy duty axles for a savage x

I don't know where you are located but I use a guy called nitronutzz on ebay he's in Arizona great transactions and fast shipping. I bought everything to go from x to xl from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a brushless convertted xl, and have 3/4 offset wheels the stance is too wide, doesn't the xl come with all the heavy duty stuff?

I got my xl a year ago and it had bp diffs, I assumed that it had hd axles and cups

That it does. Good luck on the search I would say ebay would be your best bet to get these fast though.

I believe the dogbones in question are the SHD dogbones. I know they come standard on the Flux and I'm pretty sure they also came on all the XL savages, even when it first came out. I believe the only changes that they've made to them were the BP diffs.

There are actually 3 types of drive cups, dogbones, and axles (4 axles actually). The older original savages came with black drive cups, dogbones, and axles. Newer savages (X when it first came out I believe) came with the HD drive cups, dogbones, and axles which are silver. The older black ones and the silver HDs are interchangable. And in the past, members have said that the non HD black ones were better than the silver HD ones and vice-versa. The SHD drive cups, dogbones, and axles only come on the XL and Flux and cannot be used with the non HD blacks & silver HD drive cups, dogbones, and axles. Hope this is a more detailed and in-depth break down. If need be, I can post links to all the different ones.

Agreed. Although the rtr x had the standard black and x ss came with shiny hd bones and cups. Had alot more luck with the shiny hd cups than the bones. It was nice when the shd stuff came out on the XL.

Funny story, i was using standard diff cups and bones on some XL axles on my rtr x and wondered why they would bind at full lock in either direction... duh

Sent from my crappy DROIDX via Tapatalk

Really I thought the shd axles, cups, bones came stock onthe xl? I just didn't want the extended axles

Really I thought the shd axles, cups, bones came stock onthe xl? I just didn't want the extended axles

The cups you bought are for the carriers and they allow you to use the heavy duty flux axles but you can't use the standard diff cups with heavy duty axles there is a few thou difference between the HD & STD axles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back