Headers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragin

I asked this question at the hobby shop but kinda got an answer that contradicted itself. I am running an OS .30 with the stock savage header and the ribbed for her pleasure pipe. I have been told that the pipe itself is limiting my motor. I am hoping to remedy that soon. My question is: Is there a better header or does it even matter? Changing the header on my real vehicle made a drastic change so I can't honestly see why it wouldn't work on the smaller scale.

I would say NO the header wont make a difference .. That ribbed pipe tho .. Not so great !!! Loud as hell tho

LOL ribbed for her pleasure....We cant compare full scale and R/C motors-the two stroke design and exhaust pulses make it way too different than a big block Chevy or whatever.
I would say the pipe limits the motor more the header and a new pipe would see more performance.

Dave

ya i would say its likely the pipe i've ran the ribbed and then the hpi polished and the hpi polished is better by far and even cheaper while using the polished pipe i have alot more "snappy" throttle response and it was alot quiter lol

I think the length of the header can have some effect on the engine. I'm not sure which way it goes but its something like longer header=more torque, shorter header=more speed. The pipe makes the most difference but the header does play a small role.

The hpi header needs a little dremmel work. Try to round the bend in the inside some. Take the edge off the corners.

As far as the rinned, its a low end pipe. Exactly what an os dosent need. The polished is better and great for $20, but you might want to get a top end pipe. JP2, 4 or 086. Lots of people raving about the buku on th eos. I haven't tested mine yet.

It was the purple one. I rubbed it down and now it is silver LOL

I was thinking of a Buku since I have seen it first hand and am very impressed, but that price tag......well it is going on the back burner for now. I may look into one of the cheaper pipes to tide me over.

Members online

Back