HB61215 Mega travel axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conv3rted

So i have searched and searched and cannot find a single word review opinion or even detailed description of these or how they compare and perform. Does anyone here have an idea? I am breaking dogbones and have on order 8 of these hoping for more durability. I also ordered the mega travel center axles front and rear. My driveline should at least be smooth as blue bonnet.

Thanks in advance!!

I ran a center rear HB one for a while, but kept snapping the pin in the joint. Was ok with the LRP28, would break the pin once in a while, but with my LRP30, I busted it 3 times in the same day. I switched back to a standard black dogbone.

You running the standard outer dogbones/cups/axles? Could always upgrade to the larger super HD parts. That's what I did on my X and it's holding up fine to an LRP30.

The CVD's make things smooth, but not necessarily stronger, at least not once things start wearing a bit and slop causes parts to bang into each other.

Well here is your answer if anybody is interested....i thought i was taking it easy on it too.........unfortunately i ordered 8 of three axles :(

Attachments

• 20170113_214726.jpg
    20170113_214726.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 1
However it was smooth as butter while it lasted. Also noted the integy cvds i pulled out are slightly beefier than the HB. Excuse me i have a cvd to replace...

Round 2 on the second 4 pack of axles, adding a little backbone to them ;)

Attachments

• 20170114_200842.jpg
    20170114_200842.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 0
I also case hardened them and quenched them in oil to add carbon to the steel......believe it or not i haven't broke one yet. A couple precise spot welds and home hardening is all it took, lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back