Has anyone ran RC4WD aloy beadlocks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallenangels

When I checked on line for aloy RC beadlocks I ran across a company called RC4WD they advertise a billet beadlock that can be used on the savage. Supposedly the tire will rip apart before the bead breaks loose, they are kinda costly but if they perform I would think it is worth the price. I am curious if any of you have ran these before, would you have any pics, and reviews of them. If not I may invest and do a good review, it seems that these are the only aloy beadlocks on the market at the moment, they even come with a simulated bolt cover.
This is the site:
http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info.php?products_id=884

seem to weigh a lot???

That's a sick looking wheel. First aluminum bead lock I ever seen for these trucks. Here's the specs. (4) The Poison Wheels for Traxxas Revo/T-Maxx & HPI Savage (14mm Hex)

The hottest style of custom wheel with an attitude is here! The Poison wheels are limited edition wheels, only 25 set will be made. Each wheel is CNC mashined for hours, creating the most unique style available!

This is a special part # product, please allow 3-8 business days to ship.

Billet aircraft grade aluminum

Weight: 246gram/8.78oz (single wheel)

OD: 88mm/3.46"

Width: 55mm/2.16"

14mm hex mount

Offset is same as stock Revo wheels

Also fit Tamiya Terra Crusher & Assoicated Monster GT

Fit stock Revo/Maxx tires

What's included:

4x Poison beadlock wheels (Fit Revo)

8x beadlock rings

Hardware

$159.99
but dang them are heavy. Adds over 2lbs to your truck. But might be good way to keep the weight down low. Nice find either way. Love the scale winch on that page to.

I am not racing and a begginer basher so on my personal build I don't mind the extra weight. I figure that later I will be upgrading the drivetrain and running a more powerfull motor so the marginal extra weight doesn't bother me. I don't know much about the Revo/Maxx tires...what are their specs compared to the Savage X's rims??? I am seriously considering buying a set as soon as I finalize some issues these should work great, and the price doesn't bother me as I only plan to own one nitro Truck so tricking it out should be done right the first go round.

and the price doesn't bother me as I only plan to own one nitro Truck so tricking it out should be done right the first go round.

LOL you may think or intend to only own one truck...its like crack brother. First excuse will be something like ...well I need another one just in case or for when something is wrong with this one. So I wont have to wait on parts etc. After that the excuses for buying another one range from- I got paid today to I ate a bologna sandwich today.

anyway have fun with it those are some nice wheels for sure

I am seriously considering buying a set as soon as I finalize some issues these should work great, and the price doesn't bother me as I only plan to own one nitro Truck so tricking it out should be done right the first go round.

Holy COW - this has "irony" written all over it :)

Lets see if you can manage that one - and I say this with a huge, brotherly smile on my face, because I think we ALL said this at one time - and that was prolly 10 trucks and 15 builds ago LOL!

Here is my $.02 (a lot cheaper than $160!).

For that kind of coin, you are better off picking up a few different sets of tires, and go from there. Yes, you may break a rim or shred a tire - that stuff happens (more to some of us than others LOL) and you can STILL shred a tire with the $160 rims...

Again, this is my personal opinion, get yourself a good set of tires and rims for $70ish total, glue the tires to the rims, and spend the remaining $90 on pretzels and beer - or a start for saving up for a motor, for TVP's, parts, or more likely, your next truck :) Cruise eBay and look around - for $150 shipped, I got a complete Savage with prolly $300 in upgrades and a TOTE (yes a TOTE) full of tires and rims:
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Hope this helps!

Bob

Holy COW - this has "irony" written all over it :)

Lets see if you can manage that one - and I say this with a huge, brotherly smile on my face, because I think we ALL said this at one time - and that was prolly 10 trucks and 15 builds ago LOL!

Here is my $.02 (a lot cheaper than $160!).

For that kind of coin, you are better off picking up a few different sets of tires, and go from there. Yes, you may break a rim or shred a tire - that stuff happens (more to some of us than others LOL) and you can STILL shred a tire with the $160 rims...

Again, this is my personal opinion, get yourself a good set of tires and rims for $70ish total, glue the tires to the rims, and spend the remaining $90 on pretzels and beer - or a start for saving up for a motor, for TVP's, parts, or more likely, your next truck :) Cruise eBay and look around - for $150 shipped, I got a complete Savage with prolly $300 in upgrades and a TOTE (yes a TOTE) full of tires and rims:
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Hope this helps!

Bob
You are absolutely right bob. There are some nice wheels out there that are glue ons. Bead locks are so you can change tires with out the haSsle of cooking the glue off. Buy the bead locks are such a pain to break down and can only do it a couple times before they strip out I think. Idk for sure cause I bought my beadlocks thinking it would help with changing tires. I never once took them apart and changed the wheels. Way to time consuming 86small clumsy screws. So imo you can get a nice looking wheel around 12 bucks a set of 2 then choose a tire you like. Yet it out incase you decide you don't like the tires or wheel you aren't out nearly as much. And I know how hard it is to window shop and see all the awesome parts and get ideas on what you want then decide between them all. And you have to decide on looks vrs performance aswell as what looks good but still has performance to it. Then you have to decide if you want a blling king or a truck you'll be able to run. I like the looks of some the bling trucks buy I like to beat on mine like my exs new boyfriends. So I try to make mine showy buy still functional. So I say buy what you want to and if it don't work out for you it gives you a excuse to buy new parts lol. You will never be done itinh parts. For sure. These are money pits. Keep up the build and do it the way you want buy if yu want to save money ask and hopefully we can help you put. Good pick on your addiction you don't know you have yet pop. Happy bashn buddy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back