hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeed1313

ok so you get a nice set of hex drivers. what if the stock hardware doesnt hold up. that just ruins your brand new tools. what kind of hardware is out there that can hold up to our abuse. any luck finding some?

if the screws mangle your tools get better tools lol. I have the opposite problem, keep stripping out weak soft ss screws

Jacob what truck need hardware?

I'm happy with the strength so far as broken/bent screws in my Erevo. its just if i buy a nice set of tools I'm not sure about the hexes matching up well. after the points series i plan to do a rebuild, my revo, and my maxx, at the same time i will be building a sav xss kit. i would just love to pack some good hardware in all three.

If you are talking about screws and such, I have been shifting to hardened steel. They can take a beating and have not stripped out a head yet. Not sure what size the revo's use, but I been getting mine from Lowes, M4x10's. I think that is the smallest you can get. It works for the engine mounts and tvps. When I get the motivation, I want to go by fastenall and see what they have for other sizes.

As far as tools. I use a hex set from integy. They are a decent set and I have been pretty happy with them.

thx allan, the revo uses a lot of 4mm screws. there are a few 3mm, but the largest part of the stress is on the 4mm and i have had some bending. everywhere i look i keep seeing people that use integy tools. I'm surprised thinking of their truck parts. it seems they make good tools though. thanks guys.

I have not had any bending issues with the hardened steel 4mm hex heads. At the next NL race both Carl and I have an integy set of hex drivers you can check out if you have not already bought a set.

Latest posts

Members online

Back