Hard to Tune/Erratic Tuning (K5.9)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corydre

I just wanted to throw it out there since it absolutely made my day. I had issues of tuning since not long after break in. I tried sealing the carb neck and the back plate with Permatex Copper Ultra. It helped but it still wasn't performing like it used too. So I did some research and decided to try it again. I simply sealed the motors back plate/crank case joint, making sure the Copper Ultra was spread evenly and all around the crank case bolt holes.

The carburetor was simple as well, I applied the C.U to the neck of the crankcase where the carb slides in, all around it. I let all the C.U dry for an hour, re installed the back plate to the motor and the carb as well. After snugging the pinch bolt back up I sealed it on both sides with C.U and let it dry over night. I have to say, so far ive put 3 tanks through it, it runs like a top and no erratic tuning.
20150425_214425.jpeg
20150425_214411.jpeg

Amazing how well sealing the engine fully works, huh? I'm glad you got her running well. Now go out and bash it until you break something!

Latest posts

Members online

Back