Had my Picco modded by a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3-172MTN IN

A friend of mine modded my Picco 28 and I was wondering what you guys think.

Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBzqRKOajo8

You might also see this link in the I am new here forums, but that was before I saw this forum as well. Thanks for your early understanding.

3-172IN MTN

welcome to the forum

you came to the rite place bud.

great job on that Picco

side note: preheat that mill and it will start on one pull

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the middle of a field in a park, kinda had to do what I could at that point to get it started. It has over a gallon on it now and the pinch is pretty much worn down...

thanks for the advise though...

I went to the middle of a field in a park, kinda had to do what I could at that point to get it started. It has over a gallon on it now and the pinch is pretty much worn down...

thanks for the advise though...

cool, when you don't have any other means of preheating

you can use the tail pipe on your car (thanks Bank for that tip!)

I will definitely keep that in mind when I go out again.

What did you think of the truck in general?

I will pass along the compliment. I have another one being done by him and after I break it in I will post up some video for your and others viewing pleasure.

What did you think of the truck in general?

Cant give an answer on anything but speed cuz the truck goes by too fast to have a good look, you might have to give us a "still" pic.

looks like your having fun with all that power tho. +rep for posting & having a kool savage. :resp:

A friend of mine modded my Picco 28 and I was wondering what you guys think.
I think your mill is a silly beast & it looks like your friend did a great job modding it. Who did your mod work bro? obviously has some talent. Now lets see you launch that rocket off of a big jump!

Cant give an answer on anything but speed cuz the truck goes by too fast to have a good look, you might have to give us a "still" pic.

looks like your having fun with all that power tho. +rep for posting & having a kool savage. :resp:

I think your mill is a silly beast & it looks like your friend did a great job modding it. Who did your mod work bro? obviously has some talent. Now lets see you launch that rocket off of a big jump!

This motor shows more power and RPM than any motor I have seen in a while. I am crazy impressed myself. Things are looking good so far.

Thanks for the compliment..

Let me guess Clockwork ? Even if so runs good! Gear that puppy up 3.06 is on the hi side for a mill that is as strong as a picco!

16/49 on a 7" tall tire has the same rollout as a 19/49 on a 6" tire or a
18/47 on a 6" tire..... so for the tire size the gearing works well, plus if you gear any higher you will blowout third gear......

To equal the my current roll out using Phaltlines I would have to run 19/46-20/48..

The XL is extended about 2 1/4 inches out the back as well.....

16/49 on a 7" tall tire has the same rollout as a 19/49 on a 6" tire or a
18/47 on a 6" tire..... so for the tire size the gearing works well, plus if you gear any higher you will blowout third gear.....

I was unaware that one could "blowout" the final gear if you gear too high. Can you explain?

When the picco spins hard the third gear cannot take the pressure and it blows apart.

This usually happens at around 18/47 or something along those lines.

These gears are not mine. I picked them up on another forum.

When the picco spins hard the third gear cannot take the pressure and it blows apart.

This usually happens at around 18/47 or something along those lines.

These gears are not mine. I picked them up on another forum.

Umm...funny you mentioned that...i just picked up 18/47 gears for my new LRP. I don't think I'm going to have this issue but...who knows...

I have never run one but for what I am told is that it does not have the top end of the picco so it should not cause a problem.

Good to know!

I think it'd actually be cool to shred up your top gear because you have too much power :jamout:

I guess if you have parts to fix it right away it would be pretty cool. But, at 50bux or more a pop for a tranny I don't know if it is worth it!

Ive had good luck so far with the tranny after shimming. My modded rossi 528 was killing 2 speeds. rebuilt with shims and that stopped. So far my 3 speed is holding well at 19/47 modded lrp. I also have a modded Picco to test on it.

My theory is its a rpm/torque/deflection issue. Gearing higher will spin it faster but take away the torque. The 3 speed is a mess, mine took 7 shims just to center the gear pack. If I get a year out of the 3 speed Ill suggest it to all. At this point its just testing still.

I am huge on the if it doesnt work the first time then it should not work at all. Is your 528 modded?

Is your 528 modded?
Yes it is done by Jpracing in Italy Edit: make that France. One way or the other and back on topic your mill looks ----->> Sweet!

O yea sorry I forgot that part...

welcome33.gif
to HPISF

(inside thing) You got a spine! I respect that...

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Sorry it took so long to reply as I have been reading almost all of the other posts on the forum.

I don't know how the weather is in Mass but I know here in southern CT I am having a bit of a cold spell and I am also running out of fuel.

Amazing how much fuel gets sucked up when you are running hard for hours on end.

Again thanks for the compliment.

We will have to check that out. Send a PM and let me know your location and I am sure I can find somewhere in the middle to go for a bash. I am also sure that I can find a place to live for a night as I have family in the top part of the state.

I meant the top of CT however, that is only an hour or so from NH so it is not so far for a one day drive. Would be a lot of fun for me.

yea for sure! sounds like a good summers day! Ill come down too..

Members online

Back