Gutted Lower Arms, Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Hey guys have any of you gutted the X out of the lower a-arms? If, so did you lose all of the strength. I'm trying to lighten mine up on my racer. Please let us know your thougths weather it was on the 21/25 or X arms.

hey larsenracing, i was on your website looking at your t.v.p's I'm wondering if they work for a x as well sorry off topic lol as far as the a-arms go i've never heard of gutting them but its a interesting idea aslong as it doesnt weaken them to much as you said

Nitro- The TPV's work for all models of savages. Let me know if you have anyother questions as Id be glad to answer everything.

why not just make ureself some from carbon sheet?

I would make some but With a carbon sheet you cant drill in to the end as you would be cutting threw the fiber cloth and loose all strength. The Vintage CF arms are molded this way this is why they are strong, which I thought about getting and probably will at some point but was intrested in this first.

I guess I could give that a try other than Id have to order something like 6mm or 7mm and I'm not sure at some point they start to honeycomb the material and that wouldnt work at all. I will put some thaught into it though.

ye comb stuff sux but if after u drill u soak exposed area with superglue or resin should still be strong

I shave and "gut" the control arms on my Traxxas Stampede (electric). I have run pack after pack ( about 50+) and the arms haven't broke yet. I have bent shock shafts and broke the chassis on backflips and landing hard, and other opps...(Missed a driveway enterance and hit a curb at full speed, GPS'd at 29mph) The only thing to think about is that a Stampede weighs around 5 pounds vs. a Savage weighing what, 12 or more? It might be worth a try and anytime you decrease the sprung weight, it is a bonus.

Latest posts

Members online

Back