GST Diffs for Site Jester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a question how much does the gear reductions change the final drive ratio? Cause ive been wanting to change the drive ratio in my X but i don't want to do it threw CB's and Spurs. Its either the gears in the tranny or the diff's that gear the savage to low IMO. So if you could explain how much of a difference it made for example it would be like putting a 18 tooth CB in vs. the stock 15 tooth or swap the spur gear for CB just need an idea of how much it changed the drive ratio. Btw Great work JT.

Well I can quote myself from earlier in the thread, maybe this will answer your question

You will need to change the spur/CB to get the same ratio as if you were using stock diffs.
For comparsion in 3rd gear
stock is 14.61:1 when using 17/49 gearing
CEN is 14.45:1 when using 15/49 gearing
(Thanks to lizard for doing the math)

JT, these diffs are AMAZING! Well worth it! I'm running 16/47 with the CST diffs, and I'm getting the same speed as with the stockers geared 18/47! And I have the peace of mind knowing my diffs are basically bulletproof! Thanks again man!

-Jesse

That is correct. Also, don't forget about diff oil. The drill bit size I used was a 1/8th in. drill bit. And, if you are using the HD drive cups going out to the axle, they are very tough to drill. I ended up having to use one drill bit for each drove cup. Hope this info helps you out alot.

Wow Jt Nice Work! How Much Is It For U To Do The Mod As I'm Very Interested In You Doing A Set For Me As Well! AND SINCE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HERE FOR A BIT HOW ARE THEY HOLDING UP SJ?
P.S...... COULD PROBABALLY FIGURE IT OUT AND DO IT MYSELF BUT WOULD RATHER PAY FOR SHIPPING AND STUFF AND MAKE SURE ITS DONE RIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold mine b/c I need the quick cash .... they held up awesome

Wow Jt Nice Work! How Much Is It For U To Do The Mod As I'm Very Interested In You Doing A Set For Me As Well! AND SINCE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HERE FOR A BIT HOW ARE THEY HOLDING UP SJ?
P.S...... COULD PROBABALLY FIGURE IT OUT AND DO IT MYSELF BUT WOULD RATHER PAY FOR SHIPPING AND STUFF AND MAKE SURE ITS DONE RIGHT!

LOL..... Site Jester sold em to Joe and I made a deal with Joe so now I have them back...Anyhow they look great and still run smoth; I have put some use on them since I got them back.

SAVAGESHAUN~ I can do them but I am having some personal issues that are keeping me away from the computer long periods of time, I will send you a PM.

so what would be your rough estimate if i wanted a set done? jt was saying it would be wise to go all new like bulkheads and outputs and going to the heavy duty ones does this all cost alot? i was given a ballpark of $100-150 for everything is that even close?

how much do these diff run

depends how good of an eBayer you are...I got a full set (front and rear) for less than $40 shipped...then sent them to JT for the mod, and we bartered for his services...if you would like to do them yourself, then you could do it pretty cheaply thru eBay...

furthermore,

as far as JT ripping anyone off, I will vouch for him, as he did all my work, and didn't charge me anything 'til I had them back in my possession...

so Shaun, unless you've dealt with JT personally, PLEASE don't be running his name thru the mud without firsthand experience...

there as a show of good faith i deleted my posts as it was never my intention to offend anyone!! as i said i've seen jt's work and heard countless stories of the great things he's done so no insult was meant!! and saying jt was ripping people off was your words not mine i just said people were still waiting thats all!! so i appologize anyway!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33793#post33793
komodo read that if your vouching fo JT you owe some people money then.
I have delt with JT personally, Ill keep my comments to myself.

read it...that's unfortunate of course, but it doesn't change how my deal went with him...I heard the same things about him having personal problems, etc, and I do know that things happen to the best of us, and situations beyond our control happen to everyone...I agree that he should return people's money that they paid him (I'm going to assume that was a joke about me owing them), but if he's without internet as I have heard he is, that could be a bit difficult I would think...by all means, filing to get your money back from paypal is a good idea (although they only allow you 45 days to file)...if he IS banned, it's gonna be awfully hard for him to come back to explain his side, now isn't it?

when he did my diffs for me, here's how the exact deal went:

1) we agreed upon the terms that I would pay for the parts and shipping, and for his time and work, I gave him a piece of my red carbon fiber for a project he wanted to try.

2) I bought a set of the CEN diffs on eBay.

3) I sent him the diffs, plus the CF he wanted.

4) less than 1 week after I sent my stuff to him, I had the completed diffs back in my hands.

5) I paid him $20 for the shipping, diff housings, and hardened diff cups (all paid for out of his own pocket) a few weeks after I had my stuff back.

Now, based on my dealings with him, I have a VERY hard time believing he is intentionally ripping anyone off...if he was dishonest, it would have been easy for him to just keep my CEN diffs, and CF, and left me with my hat in my hand, but he didn't. Furthermore, he bought the rest of the parts for the conversion for me, and didn't ask for any money for them 'til well over a week after I had gotten my stuff back. And even then, he said to just pay him when I could manage.

so there's my story, and I'm pretty sure SJ's probably went as smoothly. doesn't really sound like a crook to me...

PLEASE !!!! LET MEGA, CHUNKY and HOP DEAL W/ THIS ISSUE THIS ISN'T THE THREAD TO BE DOING THIS BICKERING IN...

I understand the concern and it will be delt with ......

anymore bickering about it and the thread will be closed ... And Iam the last one who wants this to happen ..

Thanks for your understanding

ok sorry for my part in it sj!!:whipit: I'm not a trouble maker honest I'm not lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back