great upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

I wanted to share this with the newbis and the not so newbis. this is a great upgrade on any savage.
these replace the plastic cross members.
st_prod.html

100_0419.jpg

battle_axi_011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry forgot to take pic of part.

look at the pic of the truck, its the aluminum crooss member. directly above skid plate and below engine plate. these cross members come plastic on all trucks.

It's the pieces that go just under your plates that lay horizontally across the tvp's. It connects them. So instead of plastic, you'll have aluminum.

Yeah, I see. I've already got those on my truck. I think I used the ones from GPM though. Plus, you can always use the engine plate brace. I did that to add another extra brace up front. You've got the two extra holes that are closer to the diff housing right under the cup joint.

ok this is for those that don't know about them. lol

would you agree that it is a great upgrade?

I agree about upgrading the plastic pieces but I am going to get the FLM ones.

ye i may have to look in tho those but as fx said i would also get the flm ones only as i have there chassis and it wold like match more.
looks cool though
thanks
4x4

My personal opinion of course, but I would stay away from integy parts! The crossmember may do alright! I would go for FLM or something.

Maybe I should get these for my FLM chassis. I'll have to have a look for them. Thanks crash. I take it the point is to preserve the chassis plates in a hard head on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everyone, you certainly don't have to buy integy.

The switch from plastic in this part was the real upgrade.

I have been running one set for 3 gallons, like all aluminum parts, the fact that you can locktite the screws makes all the difference.

Thats the real problem with the plastic ones, the screws come looose. strip out holes ectrt. I tried epoxy and several other products to reair them.

This is on my top ten upgrades.

hey great Idea..............we need a list of top ten must have upgrades.

I agree, Crash, Its not what brand you use, heck buildem yourself , Its about getting rid of the stock plastic ones. The alloy is much more rigid and hold screws far better. And yes they bash great. good upgrade!

Members online

Back