Grease transmission? Good or bad idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franger99

I have good knowledge about cars (regular cars) I'm new to this hobby, but i think the transmission gears need a little grease on them for smoother shifting.

I say this because somehow all the gears on the the old tranny i had on my savage stripped all gears. All but the metal ones.

Metal on metal is not good in regular cars and i don't think is good on rc cars either. I will keep adding grease to the trans. Gears in every maIntance.

I would like to know what are your thoughts on this subject.

ya you would think that wouldnt you? and your post makes perfect sense but believe it or not the members above are correct its supposed to be run dry i would imagine you would run into slippage problems which would be hard on it as well but I'm no expert on this.......

just buy Delrin gears for the Transmission buddie. I have a set in Savy #2, they are a "slippier" plastic then stock.

yeah greeese uhhhh not good ... but i use the powder graphite in mine ..just so it coates the gears ,,, works .. but i cant tell it does it any good or bad ..lol

but i use the powder graphite in mine <------ good stuff I use it also!

Good post Max

Grease gets in the shifter pawl and hangs it up hard core. I have never heard of it hurting the OWB but I imagine it will slip too going off they do in motors that run too fat (extra oil) ...

as long as you shim most of the side to side play out and keep your bearings serviced you shouldn't need to run grease. I also use the graphite powder lube.

Members online

No members online now.
Back