GPM ultimate alloy conversion deal??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromaster

Hey guys, check this out. What do you guys think? Is it good to upgrade to GPM alloy? Is the price is ok? I might want to try my luck if you guys recommend so. Thanks..

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/Savage-X-Sav...cles?hash=item45ed7907b1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

items are:
SAV1331F/R Alloy front skid plate front and rear x 2pcs
SAV1038 ALLOY Center GEAR BOX x 1 pcs
SAV1021 Alloy Turnbuckle x 4 pcs
SAV1026 Alloy Fuel tank mount x 1 set
SAV1088 Alloy Fuel tank cap x 1 pcs
SAV1014A x 4pcs

i cant comment on the parts caz ive never run any of them.

but honestly the color-combo is making me sick.

lol yeah them colors are crazy to say the least.. but the price is cheap the trans case is 200 bux alone.. but i agree if your planning on bashing ide stick with plastics... and if you want to upgrade the plastics.. witch theres no reason to but lol go rpm plastics...vurtialy indistructable..
070909_143301.jpg

errmmm, actually guys, i did use GPM bulkhead on my savage.. and when i use it, i found that i don't need to do maintenance for my diff. as for other part, idk the performance. i'm interested with the tranny case actually.. thanks for your guys advise. its very helping.. you guys rock :rock:

anyway my bulkhead is silver. so i think it looks good on my savvy lol..

funnily enough all the parts apart from the skids are very bashable. GPM does actually do some of the best and cheapest parts like uprights and carriers, gearboxes are good as well. Some of the more pointless things like skids, fuel caps, bumpers and other bits and bobs i'd avoid, not because GPM has any issues with quality but because no one really does those in aluminium in a way that would last or justify the weight.

That link is to one of our members ebay acct too. Vios has been here for about a year. good guy! As for GPM most of the stuff is from the .21 era of the savage. Not much has been updated...

they do but hes taking about ring gears and pinion not the fluids and what not. Most don't know over a month of running the fluids leak out. On the same note most still use grease...

I see the point to bring it up. but as far as the ring goes alloy housings rock. just too heavy

whats to disagree with he found what he found.

agreed, he found what he found. but, other's could read this and get the idea that you don't need to open a diff case or do maintenance. but diffs (and things with moving parts) need maintenance regardless of the case they are housed in.

sand, grit & whatever can & will still get inside the case. bearings will fail.

the screws can back out of your diff over time & destroy your diff. easily caught and rectified with regular maintenance.

there are many threads on this.

here is a recent 1--> https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12111

agreed, he found what he found. but, other's could read this and get the idea that you don't need to open a diff case or do maintenance. but diffs (and things with moving parts) need maintenance regardless of the case they are housed in.

sand, grit & whatever can & will still get inside the case. bearings will fail.

the screws can back out of your diff over time & destroy your diff. easily caught and rectified with regular maintenance.

there are many threads on this.

here is a recent 1--> https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12111

very well put!! reps given....

He said that he didn't have to do maintenance, not that you don't have to do maintenance.

I packed my diffs with quality grease and find that I have little no maintence to do on them, thats my experience, its not for you or anyone to disagree with that as it would simply be my experience but if you have a differing experience by all means share (without effectivly calling someone a liar).

I'm not trying to pick apart what you've said but thats basically how i've perceived your comments, might be better to rephase them.

He said that he didn't have to do maintenance, not that you don't have to do maintenance.

I packed my diffs with quality grease and find that I have little no maintence to do on them, thats my experience, its not for you or anyone to disagree with that as it would simply be my experience but if you have a differing experience by all means share (without effectivly calling someone a liar).

I'm not trying to pick apart what you've said but thats basically how i've perceived your comments, might be better to rephase them.

gotta agree with ya wolf, it is how "you perceived my comments." two different members repped me on my post in this thread, including the member who created the thread , VVV
GPM ultimate alloy... 08-12-2009 09:37 PM necromaster great info man! agreed the statement for HPI diff, cheers! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
errmmm, actually guys, i did use GPM bulkhead on my savage.. and when i use it, i found that i don't need to do maintenance for my diff. as for other part, idk the performance. i'm interested with the tranny case actually.. thanks for your guys advise. its very helping.. you guys rock :rock:

anyway my bulkhead is silver. so i think it looks good on my savvy lol..

how does using an aftermarket bulkhead stop you from having to do maintenance to your diffs? your bulk is just a housing.

That link is to one of our members ebay acct too. Vios has been here for about a year. good guy! As for GPM most of the stuff is from the .21 era of the savage. Not much has been updated...

Goooshh u still remeber me soooo touching ~~ HPISF Rock :evilrocker: :lol:
i never know that my listing will back to here again ~ :crazy:
how ever i really kindda regret selling my savage to baja (man that is REALLY EXPENSIVE REPAIR A BAJA.. bring me alot of headace PROBLEm.. whiles i think that gasoline will cheaper.. but the part. cost me i can buy 3set of flux.. holy shxxx now my baja just siting there do nothing waitting me to repair everytime... (#*$)(#@$(*@# no jump no flip no fun.. ) ... i planning to get a flux soon .. that why i need to list those item for sales at my shopp... :D there is other listing..

honestly is really good bargain with affordable price..

how does using an aftermarket bulkhead stop you from having to do maintenance to your diffs? your bulk is just a housing.

guys, thanks for all your input.. really appreciate it :resp::resp::resp: anyway, my diff is blingracing alloy diff (http://www.blingracing.net/savage.html), which so far give me zero trouble (i mean it, the internal gear is tough). like Wolf mention, i also use high quality grease.

as for bulkhead helping not to do diff maintenance, i suppose that having a tough bulkhead prevent your diff getting punishment during landing or when u hit something. the stock plastic bulkhead is a little bit elastic. during hard landing and accident it will be forced to twist a little bit by the arms, which eventually might damage the diff. alloy bulkhead is stiff, and it will solely receive all the impact without (or only a little) affecting the diff. (its my thinking, plz correct me if i'm wrong).

i do agreed that some debris will enter the bulkhead, which is the reason to some external diff damage. but i always clean the area using air compressor, and put some grease back. the only drawback using the GPM bulkhead is that the design is from Savage 25, its difficult to remove the diff. which is (for me) is hell lot of work, a lot of screw :duh: but since i'm getting the advantage of it, i think it pay off.

vios, i dunno you are well known here :resp:

oh yes, btw, the bulkhead is heavy like bank said, and the front and rear skidplate is not very nice for bashing like Wolf said. :)

Exaclty - for the most part if you pack your diffs with grease like the HD grease HPI supply it won'y come leaking out all over the place like silicone oil.

Silicone oil is a tuning option, its not intended to last beyond 1 race weekend as different oils wt's should be used at each track - the stuff has a tendency to leak out as well as simply burn off - in short its actually a pretty poor lubricant.

With the plastic bulkheads/diff gearboxes they flex like necro already said, its this that wrecks the ring and pinion, all it takes is for the pinion to jump once for damage to occur and when it does it once it'll do it again far more easily as the damage is cumlative. Good quality sticky grease will last a very very long time your more likely to sell your truck before you ever actually have to do anything with the diffs if your using an alloy gear housing.

gotta agree with ya wolf, it is how "you perceived my comments." two different members repped me on my post in this thread, including the member who created the thread , VVV

Only 2 out of the 163 views this thread has received? I note there is not option to leave negative rep only positive, wonder what the picture would really look like if people were able to leave both types - just a thought. As long as getting 'rep' makes you feel good then its doing its job. I also received rep but I consider it a private thing as its not broadcast in the thread. Mods tend to receive the most rep from forum members, wonder why...

Exaclty - for the most part if you pack your diffs with grease like the HD grease HPI supply it won'y come leaking out all over the place like silicone oil.

Silicone oil is a tuning option, its not intended to last beyond 1 race weekend as different oils wt's should be used at each track - the stuff has a tendency to leak out as well as simply burn off - in short its actually a pretty poor lubricant.

With the plastic bulkheads/diff gearboxes they flex like necro already said, its this that wrecks the ring and pinion, all it takes is for the pinion to jump once for damage to occur and when it does it once it'll do it again far more easily as the damage is cumlative. Good quality sticky grease will last a very very long time your more likely to sell your truck before you ever actually have to do anything with the diffs if your using an alloy gear housing.

Only 2 out of the 163 views this thread has received? I note there is not option to leave negative rep only positive, wonder what the picture would really look like if people were able to leave both types - just a thought. As long as getting 'rep' makes you feel good then its doing its job. I also received rep but I consider it a private thing as its not broadcast in the thread. Mods tend to receive the most rep from forum members, wonder why...

well I'm not hear to bash anyone but as far as myself goes i rep anyone deserving one i don't even look to see if there a mod and to be honest i don't get them back alot but its not all that important anyway..But that may be one reason the mods get repped alot is some have alot of experience with nitro and are quite often the ones with the answers that are needed.. just my 02. and even when we could leave negative reps i never did as I'm not here to flame anyone and it would start to defeat the purpose of this forum " helpful place" and end up being like the other forums were insults and being swore at is a common occurence and I'm not willing to be a member of a forum like that!!

wolf, lets stop posting this stuff in necro's thread about GPM products.

As you stated, my post about "disagreeing" was perceived a certain way by you (and only you out of the 168 views you stated) and made you upset for some reason which was far from my intention.

i have to correct some information you posted though for the benefit of you and others who might read:

1. i am not a moderator. moderators names are blue, admin are red vendors are gold, forum freinds are green.
2. you don't get rep for being a moderator; however, a lot of mods earn more rep because they are generally more active in the site by helping people and have high posts counts (and start more threads) which can result in higher rep.

Again, sorry that you took my post for more that what it was, but you have to consider that others found it helpful even though you didn't; a forum is a place to meet, discuss, learn, agree & disagree & its ok.

:peace:

You can leave neg rep too. See the report button? It alerts us to a issue. I have the ability to turn all the green bars brown. Just most don't start flame wars to deserve it.

Now back on topic please.

I would pay 100 bucks top for all that stuff. Then I would de-anodize it. I personally have no desire for a alu tranny case. I don't even know what I would do with the skid plates. Maybe they could be nice paperweights.

I would pay 100 bucks top for all that stuff. Then I would de-anodize it. I personally have no desire for a alu tranny case. I don't even know what I would do with the skid plates. Maybe they could be nice paperweights.

LOL.. ok guys, let call it a "case close" then. anyway, thanks for evryone's good discussion. i'm learning and i really appreciate it. :peace:

Members online

No members online now.
Back