got it bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShakerCo

Ok I think I got it bad, I was playing with my savvy I bought used and had a blast till it broke. I ran the crap outta my firestorm. I even broke out the maxx and ran it till it screamed no more. Now after looking around and what not I am debating on getting a sav x ss kit, cause I wanna build the truck.

ya the ss kit is better then the rtr!! you get the hop up parts with the ss kit!! like the hpi alum exhaust, the dual brake setup,dirt bonz tires instead of the stock gt2 tires that are on the rtr but the biggest bonus i think is the savage x rtr comes with a 4.1 engine and the rest are 4.6 i believe," but could be wrong" another great thing you get the pleasure of building it yourself and you will know your truck inside and out!!!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Savage X RTR comes with a F4.6 Xss comes with a K4.6 Both .28's and both good mills. the Xss has stainless brakes but the rtr fiber glass brakes last longer. Wheels are a plus and the HD bones and cups are a plus. Also it will keep the RTR syndrome form hitting you. One build and you will no longer have to ask questions here. The Main question is how wild do you wish to get. If you plan to build a truck like mine its cheaper to buy parts and no kit...

Savage X RTR comes with a F4.6 Xss comes with a K4.6 Both .28's and both good mills. the Xss has stainless brakes but the rtr fiber glass brakes last longer. Wheels are a plus and the HD bones and cups are a plus. Also it will keep the RTR syndrome form hitting you. One build and you will no longer have to ask questions here. The Main question is how wild do you wish to get. If you plan to build a truck like mine its cheaper to buy parts and no kit...

well thank you for your input.. i bought the savage x rtr and it came with the 4.1 i guess theres different models so I'm still learning new things lol i knew the xss was the 4.6 but didnt know the rtr also came with a 4.6 with some models.

yep the 4.1 is done.. the original X came with it but it is now the F4.6. Gotta love HPI the second ya start to think ya know the stuff they change it all!

man there just like computers, you buy one and within a month its out of date lol i guess my 4.1 is obselete lmao

Well I just wanna build it for now, but we all know how that goes, ya build it then start modding it :) Next thing ya know ya got 6-800 into it:)

Well I just wanna build it for now, but we all know how that goes, ya build it then start modding it :) Next thing ya know ya got 6-800 into it:)

My 600 -800 went into 1700 fast. Most were parts that are in boxes not even used..

Sorry I traded a maxx for a savx then traded a savy for a fg mt then won a hpi baja ss. I gave away a savy to a friend and sold my firestorm. I killed the fg this last week so all I have now is my baja and it has a bunch of upgrades now :) in the area of $800 so far lol

Sorry I traded a maxx for a savx then traded a savy for a fg mt then won a hpi baja ss. I gave away a savy to a friend and sold my firestorm. I killed the fg this last week so all I have now is my baja and it has a bunch of upgrades now :) in the area of $800 so far lol
good to se ya

yea it is nice to have you chime in. I was digging in old threads and last I had seen you was b4 the baja luck. hoped you would get the subscribed email and drop us a line. Hows the road treating you ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back