got a question for the smart ppl here :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShakerCo

Ok I was out running the savvy today and I ran about 2 tanks through it. Then on tank 3 2 things happened, first the recv pack died :( and also just b4 that the motor would rev but truck wouldn't move. I am thinking the clutch springs?? the spur and clutch bell were meshed good. Anyone got some good ideas?

I would say check clutch .. might be slipper cltch also .. Make sure that is tight then check shoes

Ok I was out running the savvy today and I ran about 2 tanks through it. Then on tank 3 2 things happened, first the recv pack died :( and also just b4 that the motor would rev but truck wouldn't move. I am thinking the clutch springs?? the spur and clutch bell were meshed good. Anyone got some good ideas?

Shakes, i am wrenching down my new 3 speed as i read your post. you asked for some of the smart people which definately rules me out, but check the nut that puts the tension on your spur gear. the spring holds tension on the gear & on the other side of the gear (need to remove it to see it) there is a very rough gasket that turns your transmission gearing. if there isn't enough tension on the gear, then the spur gear itself will turn, but will not turn your transmission.
it is built this way so if you take a landing at WOT, it won't blow your rig to smithereeens.

I'm disqualified too but the problem that makes sense to me has been said.... Slipper nut is loose

Shakes, i am wrenching down my new 3 speed as i read your post. you asked for some of the smart people which definately rules me out, but check the nut that puts the tension on your spur gear. the spring holds tension on the gear & on the other side of the gear (need to remove it to see it) there is a very rough gasket that turns your transmission gearing. if there isn't enough tension on the gear, then the spur gear itself will turn, but will not turn your transmission.
it is built this way so if you take a landing at WOT, it won't blow your rig to smithereeens.

Danka I will do that when I get some free time.

Ok followed advise from smart ppl and walla, prob found, WAYYYYYYYYYY bad spur gear. Now all I gotta do is find a hs on the road to buy new one. When I say Wayyyyyyyyy bad I mean 35% of teath were missing. Duh how did I not notice that sooner

shakes, that is great news bud. now you will be able to help the next guy when he has the same problem. Meantime, get bashin'!!!!!:Crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
shakes, that is great news bud. now you will be able to help the next guy when he has the same problem. Meantime, get bashin'!!!!!:Crazy:

:( (tears fallin) no hs here where I am getting loaded at so I have to wait till I can find a shop somewhere to get the parts

consider buying an extra when you get to a hs, just in case you blow out another one (kinda happens), they are under $4

i say upgrade to steel spur and racing clutch bell then you wont have the prob again but this setup is harder on the slipper clutch which is cheaper than the spur gear

Shakes, not to beat this thing to death, but, if you haven't already, give the rest of your rig a good lookover to see what caused the stripped teeth (ie, check your motormount, mount-screw etc). I'm only sayin' because you mentioned above that your mesh was good so something else must have caused the teeth to strip. Got 2 gallons on my stocker plastic S.G. & no probs (yet)

Latest posts

Members online

Back