good pavement tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

Now that my brushless build is done (minus tweekin) and drives like a dream, i need a good set of road tires. not off road. just pavement. any recomendations? since i have XL arms whats a good offset if any?

Never tried Phaltlines but I do own a set of Pro-Line Road Rage tires and they are slick!

DSCN1930.jpg

http://www.prolineracing.com/products/Road_Rage_3_2_Street_Tires_M2_Pair-17-80.html

They sell them in 40 series too.

don't do it! they are garbage! no traction because they are way too flimsy/soft and don't even think about cornering ability because it's non-existent. well, this has been my experience with them.

i have some mounted phaltlines coming. tcs had the best price again: http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Mounted-tires-and-wheels-p-1-c-303.html

I have a set of Phaltlines. They work great but do loose traction easily especially when turning although nice cuz the truck will never flip onto the lid with them. They do not balloon if looking to top speeds. They are pretty light which is great. The Road Rags I would think will get better traction but will weight a bit more.

whats the part number for the phaltlines 40series unmounted?

i just got my phaltline tires. they are great! on the pavement, no contest. cant do wheelies, but she hooks up great, and grabs the road like never before!

i just got my phaltline tires. they are great! on the pavement, no contest. cant do wheelies, but she hooks up great, and grabs the road like never before!

Thats very good to hear! I should have mine waiting for me by the door when i get home! Can't wait to check them out. Awesome news about the wheelies! Huge concern of mine.. Shoot for 44 bucks shipped I'm excited.

That is a good price, on ebay they are that price just for a pair of the tires. I really want a set of these, so I can keep from wearing my GT2s out.

I've been running Losi road rash tires belted and they are great good traction, and my XL does not flip as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back