Good hex driver set?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsavage3148

I need a new set. my associated set sucks. What are you guys using?

I have a set of integy hex drivers. 30 dollars and they are not bad. the only complaint I have with them, and i think it is minor, are the handles. When my hands get greasy and sweaty, it is difficult to get a good grip because the handles are smooth.

xsavage, i have the sportwerks set of 4 & it rocks. got it at savagecentral.com, (my lhs)for 29bucks. it has the 4 hexes that you will need, tips are replaceable & the handles rock; they are knurled aluminum for good grip and the butt ends rotate so when you are wrenching down, the end turns in your hand, independent of the handle, you would love it. hopefully my photo attachment works for ya.

I have some Wiha ball end hexes. Bought them thru McMaster-Carr for under $20. I also have a set of Snap-On L handle allen keys I use mostly,

Usually break the screws loose with the Snap-on set then wheel them out with the Wiha's. The handles are a little small to put any torque to them. If you are interested, I'll look for links later.

Associated Factory Team wrenches are what I have and they are very nice. I have the hex wrenches and the nut drivers and I have only broken the tip on one wrench in 2 years.

I as well have the full set of Integy (SAE/Metric) Hex drivers and love them. The shafts are Ti-Ni and last forever. I have only replaced one and it was a .05" and I snapped the tip off using it as a pry bar (Derrr).

I have played with the losi, eds, hard, hudy and a few others as well. My favourite it probably the alloy handled hudy's. The guys at the shop think the hard tools are bomb proof but they are more difficult to grip. The eds tools are pretty good too.

I as well have the full set of Integy (SAE/Metric) Hex drivers and love them. The shafts are Ti-Ni and last forever. I have only replaced one and it was a .05" and I snapped the tip off using it as a pry bar (Derrr).

I use the same and I am happy with them. I use some Craftsman T's for the really tough ones though.

I have to favorite brands when it comes to hex drivers, Dynamite and Losi. These are the ones I am using in my tool box.

Dynamite:
http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN3080

and

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN2819

Losi:

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA99109

For the price, the second link to the dynamite hex drivers are the best bang for you buck, great set for cheap. The other dynamite set and the losi ones come with a nice case also.

I've got a Hudy (plastic handle allen wrench) and EDS knarled alloy handle allen wrenchs, both are great. I also use MTB/cycling Park tools as well.

i had a huge order when i first bought my x as i grabbed everything i would need "tools,fuel,glow plug ignitor" etc.... so i went cheap and just grabbed the hobbico set and they do the trick but definately aren't for any "heavy duty" use lol

Man I have a few of the Losi ones and love them. They are very high quality and a very good grip for getting those stuborn nuts, screws out. Also TiNi shafts for long life.

I've got a Hudy (plastic handle allen wrench) and EDS knarled alloy handle allen wrenchs, both are great. I also use MTB/cycling Park tools as well.

I use a set of t-handles from pedro's, well the 2 and 2.5mm t handles, I also use a park tools Fold out hex set, I am a cycle mechanic/tech by trade and I have had this tool for around 6 Yarss, and the only 'wear' is on the 5 and 6mm (most common on a bike) and all it is is the dark (almost blueing) coating has come off, but they still engage sweetly and don't round anything off. It wasn't cheap, but it's good tool quality stell, so lasts. I'm not a fan of ball-heads, as I find they are more prone to rounding off easier.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back