Good Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Monster

Hi Guys, I'm in the market for some new bearings and have had my fill of cheap/junky bearings. I'm thinking I'ld like to try something ceramic and ss, I'm in upstate NY buried under several feet of snow so the Savage gets it's share of snow,rain and cold. Anyone have any good suggestions?

if your playing in the wet stuff just use cheap bearings like metal shielded... they are cheap and easy to come by... id hate to kill a very expensive set of bearings in the stuff.... id rather replace cheap ones a few times lol then when race season starts or the good weather comes around, ill slap a good set off bearings in.

Hard to beat Boca's $8.99 10 packs.

If you are after the good stuff, they sell sealed "maintenance free" ceramics for $130 odd that are a drop in for whatever model savage you run. That's their "yellow seal" range. If you are feeling *very* rich you can check out their "orange seal" range. Those bearings cost $16 *each* or $50 for 4.

Acer Racing also has full ceramic bearing sets for around $100.

DF

I run mostly Avid or Boca bearings in my RC's cuz they are pretty easy to fine at most hobby shops.

I'm thinking you want to stay rubbersealed in the snow, rain.

I'm leaning towards Boca's yellow seal bearings as they claim they are stainless steel and the balls are 100% ceramic=no rust,but good golly they are big $. Is there another company that sells the same bearings for less?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back