Glow plug life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewie

I'm a newbie to RC cars and after a few glow plugs and spider gears I think I'm getting better at tuning the engine and setting the spider gears. But I'm still burning thru a lot of glow plugs it seems, I'll get like 3 or 4 runs say for 2 or 3 tanks of nitro each. Is that the life of glow plugs or can it be related to my tune?

ya i have ran the same plug for 2 seasons now "no lie" so they do last a long time on a good tune but break in is hard on them as a rule!!

just so others may be able to help, what plug are you running and what is the outside temps when your running it roughly? you could even be running the wrong plug......

Very true Shaun. Break in is really hard on them due to so much fuel running through it. I think. Get a good plug like MC coys MC8 or MC 9. Or what is compatible to the fuel your running and they last a long time.

Thanks guys. I've been getting McCoy MC59 I think was the part number, I had it out yesterday and it was running strong no stalling or hiccups and wasen't smoking (just on full throttle) and we where out for 2 hours and I used up 2 plugs!!

What the hell is bad with my tune to do that? And I have a gallon of 20% thru it now... uuuggghhh...

thanks guys! I richened it up and I've burned half a gallon with the same plug. Nice to have things running right now!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back