glow plug keeps blowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrorich

i have a fresh rebuilt os 30 and I'm going thru glow plugs like evry 5 min it is running at 210 and it has a os a 8 plug any ideas

hey there ... sounds to rich... with the temps that low its flooding out the plug and burning um up.. lean it up a lil and should be fine.. just watch for a good smoke trail at wot... i had some odonnels plugs that were crap and would last about half a tank at a wack ... but i think it was just a crap batch of plugs.. wires kept coming undone on um.. yours is a to ritch prob ..... good luck hope it helps happy bashn..

i think i found it the book says to set the hsn at 2/1/4 out witch is way to lean my temp gun must not be working right evryone says the hsn should be around 3 to 4 turns out

hey be careful trusting books lol each mills different ... only thing similar and right in the manuals are flush needle settings for stock break in settings other than that each mills different due to climate fuel and just over all mill .milling.. and temps are not as critical as you think as long as you got a nice smoke trail at wot ..smoke means its getting oild the way it should be and not leaned out so it wont burn up your mill...good luck..happy bashn..

glow plugs blowing

i fixed it i set the hsn at 3 out put a fresh glow plug in it ran great ran it out of fuel but ran great i guess the owners manual was wrong to say set the hsn at 2/1/4 out

Good work fixin it. I agree, only go by the book for factory break-in settings. Good luck, oh and BTW what does your temp gun say now that it is running good? Just out of curiosity.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back