Glow Plug and Engine Temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altair47

I live in Florida and am pretty much at sea level, temps around here run in the upper 80's to lower 90's - when I tune the truck (Savage X running BUKU pipe) it seems to run best a little on the lean side but my engine temp goes up to about 275 - would going to a colder glo plug help pull the engine temp down or is does glo plug temp actually have to do with the percentage of Nitro and Lubricant your running ? Any help would be appreciated.

Run 30% if you can it will help lower temps .. I live in washington at sea level(allmost) Temps here are only 75* outside .. Yea try running a cloder plug like mc 8

A high of 275 is not bad if you ask me. As long as its under 290 I'm happy and my engines last a while. As long as your getting good smoke and it doesn't sound lean, just run it.

Depending on what engine your running, a cold plug with the high florida humidity might give you some tuning issues. I agree with jester on the fuel, 30% will drop your temps 20 deg. instantly and let you richen your tune up also.

I live in Florida and am pretty much at sea level, temps around here run in the upper 80's to lower 90's - when I tune the truck (Savage X running BUKU pipe) it seems to run best a little on the lean side but my engine temp goes up to about 275 - would going to a colder glo plug help pull the engine temp down or is does glo plug temp actually have to do with the percentage of Nitro and Lubricant your running ? Any help would be appreciated.

yes i agree with jester on this one but 275 isnt a unheard of temp for norm!!! it seems these engines all have there own "personalities" so to speak and i've heard of some reaching there "sweet" spot at 300 degrees believe it or not! hpi suggests no higher then 250 but thats just a guideline!! what fuel are you running may i ask? if its blue thunder by chance it does seem to make engines run alot hotter for some reason!! i tried it once and my temps shot up, then when i went back to my normal brand temps were fine without touching the needles at all . hope this helps a bit!!

Currently I'm running "Wildcat 20% Nitro" I think that I'll take a look around at the LHS and see of they've got anything else like 30% nitro - also will try the colder glo plug. Thanks for all the info - I'll post back after this weekend and let ya'll know how things turn out.

i,m in fla running a lrp .28 0n 30% nitro with a macoy 8 plug runs all day at less than 250

Members online

No members online now.
Back