Glow Ignitors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a dubro one!! it has a button you push to check the plug!! haven't had any problems with it

i use the long handled dynamite one. i broke one cus i was dumb and left it on for warmup and rolled it. so i have 2 batts for it. i never have to worry about a dead igniter agaiN!!

I use Racers Edge. The one that as a dial on the top that tells if the plug is dead and/or if the ignitor is low. I liked that feature and for $20, couldn't go wrong.

i use a hot spot 2 i think its a 3000mah and ive had it for over a year and have charged it once its awsome

I have the Hot Shot 2 and I had my first one for over 2 years until I left it at the halloween bash and then I picked up another Hot Shot 2 and its only on the 3rd charge since I got it.

I have the Hot Shot 2 and I had my first one for over 2 years until I left it at the halloween bash and then I picked up another Hot Shot 2 and its only on the 3rd charge since I got it.

I couldn't live without my hotshot 2. Knowing if the plug is dead? Bah, I can tell that by turning the motor over. :p

Mine has been charged twice now, and has probably 400 starts on it? Me, Dale, and Tom use it. There's been 2 savages, an RC10, a Kyosho Alpha GP, a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium, and a T-maxx that have been running mainly off of this igniter too. It just doesn't die!!!! I love it, specially for the discount when I got my X, it was only 5 bucks with the charger and everything! I used to have the original hotshot as well, it lasted pretty long also!

Waiting for a pic from GH. Like to see what they have. I have an Ofna with an battery indicator on top.

I use a DuBro, and I can get a full day of starts out of it, but then it has to be recharged.
After reading this post I'm getting a HotShot2.

i have two, both are red anodized aluminum.

Du-Bro with the battery meter on top. (uses D batteries)
Du-Bro with the battery meter on top. (uses rechargable battery, or C batteries)

I've been using the HPI Pro igniter with the gauge on the top. To me it has been a piece of poop. I have to charge it every other day. I know it may be because I'm breaking in my new 4.6 and it takes a little more out of it than if I were starting a motor that was already broken in, but I'm losing days I could be breaking my motor in because the damn igniter is dead. I wish I would have seen this thread before I rushed into buying the HPI. Damn thing wasn't cheap either. So from what I'm reading, the Hot Shot 2 is a decent igniter? Maybe I'll invest in that one or get a second battery for the HPI.

I couldn't live without my hotshot 2. Knowing if the plug is dead? Bah, I can tell that by turning the motor over. :p

Mine has been charged twice now, and has probably 400 starts on it? Me, Dale, and Tom use it. There's been 2 savages, an RC10, a Kyosho Alpha GP, a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium, and a T-maxx that have been running mainly off of this igniter too. It just doesn't die!!!! I love it, specially for the discount when I got my X, it was only 5 bucks with the charger and everything! I used to have the original hotshot as well, it lasted pretty long also!

comon man 400 starts on 2 charges......i was born at night but not last night

Crash - Have you heard anything about the GH igniters?

I was looking for one that uses standard AA batteries. I've seen them on their website. Not a bad price, only $12.99 but shipping from Canada is insane.

I like the response from HPISF members about the Hot Shot 2 but I'm skeptical about getting another rechargeable for a secondary igniter. My HPI Pro igniter has been far less than great. I really need a good backup.

Any info would be helpful.

Yeah i cant believe how that thing drains man. my pos igniter lasted all day today no problem and will probably last weeks without charge. i want to grab a igniter that uses standard batteries as backup though

you can do that too. they have glow ignitors with alligator clips for that. I don't know if you want to use a car battery maybe a motorcycle battery they are much smaller :)

I bought a AA igniter

it is working very nice, I am using a Energizer 2400 MAh rechargeable

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back