getting rid of purple plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnage79

i'm trying to get rid of all of the purple on my x. i just ordered the black lcg tvps from innovative rc and i'm ordering alot of other stuff. i can't find an aftermarket replacement for the purple metal plate above the skid plates. i think it's p/n 86067. i'm looking for a black or silver one. anyone know where to find them.

Greased Lightning works real well for removing the purple color from the parts...fast and simple IMO. Others have used Easy Off oven cleaner but I can't say how it works as I have only used Greased Lightning.

I just removed some purple from my savage and the eazy off worked great. I layed the parts on some news paper and sprayed it down then rolled the parts over and hit the other side. Let them sit for a few minutes then wipe them off. Make sure you don't let the eazy off stay on there too long or it will start to oxidize, but you can clean it off fairly easy.

Bite your tongue!!! Purple Rulez!!! LOL sorry...I just got done stripping the purple off my racer's parts, only because I'm going red/black/silver with that one...but the Behemoth is LOVIN the purple!! LOL

nah it's solid aluminum, what I did before I started was found a broken piece of aluminum that I had in my tool box and just tried it, I think it was crossbrace. If you don't like how it turns out then try something different. I liked it because when the color was gone I took some scotchbrite and made the aluminum shine like a new wheel.:motorcycle:

Latest posts

Members online

Back