Getting older today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeh

I am 38 today and I'm going to milk this birthday thing and go on a little rant!

In my years I have attained a lot of experiences, so here are a few lessons I'd like to share.

Quitting smoking is harder than starting, but not as hard as your think. I did it after 18 years of smoking. If I can do it anybody can because I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you are still in school, heres something for ya. When I sat in the front row, my grades went up a full grade level. I think because I could not fall asleep and because the teachers got to know who I was. That alone is worth a full letter grade increase.

If you are in a university, recognize bad professors and drop the class early. You will be glad you did. I suffered a D and an F in school because I ignored the warning signs. Some of them are obvious, "If you thought this class was going to be easy, well then...." drop it! Other signs are more subtle, like when I began to realise that a highly regarded professor was showing symptoms of dementia! No kidding!

If you are single, use birth control! Or abstain, if that is in accordance with your beliefs. The alternative is very scary, regardless of your personal beliefs. We waited until 8 years into our marriage before taking the plunge into kids and it was still scary.

Oh yeah, and of course, save money, burn more calaries than you consume, go on a brisk walk every day, have a pet, take care of your teeth, etc...

And, obviously, Have fun! Especially while driving your R/Cs!:DJjam:

Great advice! Does running to your rc after it tips over count as a brisk walk? Happy birthday man!

If you are single, use birth control! Or abstain, if that is in accordance with your beliefs. The alternative is very scary, regardless of your personal beliefs. We waited until 8 years into our marriage before taking the plunge into kids and it was still scary.

totally agree there bud!! i had my wee boy at 19yrs old and it was the scariest experience ever. ur whole life changes. now I'm married to his mum and we all live in our own house. hes 5 a wk on fri, time fly's!!!

anyway, happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! 104wks and ul be 40!LOL

happy birthday! and wullies right only 104weeks
4x4

Thanks guys! Love the 104 weeks too!
My favorite wine is, "I wana goto MIAMI!"

Happy B -day and here in florida where i live is way better than miami, err unless you like feeling like your in cuba or mexico, plus our beaches are the best in florida...........

happy birthday man no one has asked the most important question though

did you get ewt good off wife or kids or anyone in fact i aint fussy who buys me presents lol :DJjam:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back