Gearing For My Flux XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

Well decided to put my savage Flux XL back together....using TCS XL extended Flux TVPs 2200kv castle creations motor and ESC using zippys 3s 5000 40c lipos 2 in series think of getting some Nanos but just those for now.....had more but they ballooned on me.
I'm using these tires or want to use anyway:

I'm looking at 46 spur and an 18t pinion wondering if that will good or should I go higher on the spur? Or lower on the pinion? The tires do weight less then the 40 series trenchers on tech 5 wheels. Any help would be appreciated I don't want my ESC going up in flames lol.

Well the only 49t spur I have is plastic I don't know if it will hold up to 6s power.....unless some has used it and runs ok. Thanks for the info.

Well the only 49t spur I have is plastic I don't know if it will hold up to 6s power.....unless some has used it and runs ok. Thanks for the info.

Running a brushless savage means saying goodbye to plastic gears......they simply will not last. Sadly Robinson Racing doesn't make a 49T steel spur, but I believe HPI does.

Yeah that's kind of what I thought lol, would a 49/18 be pretty good I do have a 47t spur Robinson racing with the 18th pinion? Think I may have a 15 pinion to if I can find it..lol. just want to make sure everything is good good balance of speed and offor the line with out over heating anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Back