Garbage in my motor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doginjeep

Started to disassemble my K4.6 so that I can get the sleeve pinched, and found this in the freak-damn ports! Anybody ever seen this? I got this motor second-hand. No f****ing wonder I couldn't get it to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
try hosting the pics at photobucket, that pic is too small to see what that crap may be

Figured it out. I just panicked and posted the pics of the foreign bodies before completing the disassembly. I found this. I guess I'll be ordering som ceramic bearings with my pinch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceramics aint necessary.... all ya need is a quality bearing set... most stock rtr :nitromill: have cheep bearings in them, that way they maximize profits and you get to change em out :lmao:

The K4.6 was supposed to come in the SS. A u-build kit. Anyway, maybe I can find some

Yes, that's it.

While you're at it I would recommend buying their kit for your model savage as well. You get bearings for the clutch, spur, diffs and the one that is really important: the steering servo saver. Replacing the bushings in the steering servo saver is a must have mod in my opinion.

i like the idea of getting bearings which will stand up to heavy dirt use, but he econo pack is more in my price range. will do that in a few weeks probably

Latest posts

Members online

Back