Fx's Twisted Toyz Mid-Tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Integy never fails to disappoint. I like the Badlands tires, but they look too small on a Savage IMO. I wish they made 40 series Badlands that were still reasonably lightweight. I like the 40 series Mulchers, but they are discontinued. Even those look small on an extended savage.

Got some pics of the truck with the Badlands/Maximizers. I only ran two tanks on the street with them and they are showing signs of wear. No more tarmac for these puppies. Just did the first weigh in and she weighs 12.2 pounds. When I get my crime fighters and dish rims hopefully she will weigh a tad less.

DSCN1912.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

Who needs the the suspension conversion when you can shave your hubs for free? I'll still end up getting it anyway.

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1916.jpg

DSCN1920.jpg

Better pictures of the linkage, hope this helps out some people.

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg

DSCN1923.jpg

I know I always show nekkid pictures of the truck (she's a bad girl, what can I say) but here's some pictures of with with the "used and abused" Crowd Pleazer body.

DSCN1924.jpg

DSCN1925.jpg

DSCN1926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool fx. your truck rocks bud, and the turn radius looks pretty damn good. hows she handling? i like the lid too. job well done

very cool fx. your truck rocks bud, and the turn radius looks pretty damn good. hows she handling? i like the lid too. job well done

As of now she's handling okay. I haven't taken it off any jumps yet. I will try some of the other shock pistons and use some a different weight oil. I like the height though, I can almost drift with badlands in the street!

Just broke my tank. I was trying to record and driving one handed. I flip the truck straight into a 4x4 and the air filter came down and shattered the tank. Talk about bad luck. I should have just asked someone to record a video for me. The good news is I got it on tape.

Watch both videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53iLgi1bhLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lo5VpeSG94

Here's a picture.

0728091752a.jpg

I got another tank and while I was at my LHS I picked up a set of Proline Road Rage tires and some 1/2 offset dish rims. I do alot of driving on the street so this was a worthwhile investment.

DSCN1927.jpg

DSCN1929.jpg

DSCN1930.jpg

cool set up fx. I've always wanted street tires but i don't do enough driving to justify it. look forward to a vid of it ripping!

I did the samething yesterday.lol Make sure that on is at the top so that when you hit stuff it doesn't get shut off.

I thought about that and will probably move the switch to my RPM box for that exact reason. The on position is at the top but it still makes me a little nervous having it exposed like that.

What about hard landings? wouldn't it shut off? cornfused

Nope, just bashed the poop out of the truck. I had zero issues. I will still move the switch to the receiver box. That way it will be completely safe and protected.

It's well known that our members love pictures so I like to snap a few every time I give you guys an update.

UPDATE- I will have a set of FLM bulkheads soon so in preparation I took off my plastic bulkheads and disassembled and cleaned all my diff components.

0813091505.jpg

My "limbless" truck
0813091546.jpg

And now we play the waiting game...........
0813091548.jpg

Took it out to the park today. It's running perfect. Me in my dad put 5 tanks through each of our trucks. The suspension is REALLY dialed in and performs amazing. +1 on big bores. I have the 1.6t pistons. 30 weight oil. Shortened the shaft about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch. I forgot the preloads I am using.

Here's a short and sweet video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHyPPZ8Amc

Received my FLM bulks in the mail yesterday and immediately got to work.

0821091436.jpg

0821091451.jpg

0821091451a.jpg

0821091620.jpg

0821091621.jpg

A look at how the diff sits in the bulkhead.

0821091733.jpg

0821091733a.jpg

0821092008.jpg

Both installed

0821092008a.jpg

I bought them used so there were a few nicks and scrapes but nothing too major. My truck feels about .5-1 pounds heavier. No biggie. I'll be sure to let you guys know how they hold up.

what kind of throttle linkage u got set up?

Latest posts

Members online

Back