Futaba 3PM receiver (R603FF) in an electric RC with LiPos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Form

Hey it's been a while!

I'm considering buying another RC right now (a Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL, don't hate me!!), it's relatively cheap and seems like a lot of fun! I think that'll be a great complement to my Savage.

I would like to use my 3PM with this new mini truck and was considering buying another receiver (same model, R603FF). My question is: if I upgrade the battery packs to LiPos (say this: http://www.maxamps.com/LiPo-1550-111-ERevo-Pair.htm) will the receiver accept those? How is all the electric stuff connected? (ESC, batteries, receiver, etc.., anyone got a diagram or a good photograph?)

I am a bit uninformed when it comes to electric RC and wonder if someone has a good reference / tutorial on the subject which explains all this stuff. I searched a bit on Google but my searches did not yield very satisfying results hehe.

Thanks in advance!

On that system I believe it had a build in Regulator. There is a lead from the ESC that goes to the Receiver and powers it and does the signal. You will be fine.

By "just like a servo", you mean the ESC has a plug for powering the receiver, (i.e. plug in the B/C slot)? Then that would be:

Battery pack(s) > ESC > Receiver
Receiver > Throttle on ESC
Receiver > Steering servo

?

By "just like a servo", you mean the ESC has a plug for powering the receiver, (i.e. plug in the B/C slot)? Then that would be:

Battery pack(s) > ESC > Receiver
Receiver > Throttle on ESC
Receiver > Steering servo

?

Yes. Your Futaba manual diagrams it as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back