Funny stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garagedoorguy

Some of you may have heard me talk about the maximum st that I have been trying to get back on track. Today I got messin around with it, and wondered if the 4.1 from my savage would fit. At the time, the game was at halftime, and I was a little tipsey. Aside from intoxication, IT FIT!! Not only did it fit, it absoulutely owned that piece of crap. I have got to say, It has been the funniest thing I have seen in rc. I could not go past half throttle without it flipping over, and when I say flip over, I mean flip over with a vengence. Too speed was un real for that truck. One broken control arm, and a SHATTERED fuel tank later, I think I need a smaller engine. lol. I have a nitro star .15 coming for it. I know this is not savage talk, but it was quite funny for me.

HAHAHA! My buddy has one of those trucks too. It is very amusing to play with, but I never thought of putting a big block in there LOL! We just beat the heck out of it. With all that abuse, it finally broke the engine connecting rod. $7 later is is running again! There are a lot of things on that truck that make you wonder what they were smokin when they designed it, but its like the energizer bunny and never seems to die.
Lets see a vid of yours flipping over!

It would take weeks, and hundreds of dollars in replacment parts to perfect driving that pos with that much power. They were smokin somthing when they drew that one up, but I think it has some potential. NOT with the 4.1 in it though. The hpi 15 should be more than enough power. Compared to the crappy tor

My computer posted the tread before I was done. Anyway. compared to the sad torq 12 the hpi 15 should be more than enough. What motor does your buddy have in his, and how does it do on the track. You can send me a pm, so to keep it all savage. I don't think they would like us talking about a duratrax mistake on an HPi website. I have questions on what I'm about to try to revive if you don't mind.

I don't think anyone will care about a duratrash discussion. This is not the Traxxas website LOL!
But we never took this truck to the track, just bashed the tar out of it. I think it is poorly designed for the track and would not be close to competetive. t has the Torq .16 in it and a tuned pipe. it was fast for a single speed. Sadly, the motor started acting up. so I took it apart and cleaned and tuned it, but we never got around to driving it again for several months. Then I sold it on E-bay for my buddy who had gotten into on road drifting. Amazingly, even though it was not running well, and was not pretty, it sold for 122.00 on the bay. I guess someone really needed some parts. It was a fun truck though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back