fuel ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notched306

well i got my lrp.28 in on almost done with the break in and let me say this motor kicks butt,i am running sidewinder 20% nitro 12% oil,i ran out and the lhs has 20% 10%,is there that much of a difference in teh 2,i want to keep running the sidewinder for the breakin atleast,i love that fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa dude, you and I are i the same position LOL! I just broke in my LRP .28 on the same fuel and had to switch to the 20/10 Sidewinder cause my LHS was out too LOL. I'm using the 10% oil now and it seems fine. I did have some weird tuning issues last time but I switched to the McCoy MC-8 plug too which could have caused it. I readjusted all the needles in the carb and cleaned my air filter and I'm going to re-tune from stock. Do you know if the plug that came in these motors was a cold plug? Or med-cold? These motors are awesome!

Whoa dude, you and I are i the same position LOL! I just broke in my LRP .28 on the same fuel and had to switch to the 20/10 Sidewinder cause my LHS was out too LOL. I'm using the 10% oil now and it seems fine. I did have some weird tuning issues last time but I switched to the McCoy MC-8 plug too which could have caused it. I readjusted all the needles in the carb and cleaned my air filter and I'm going to re-tune from stock. Do you know if the plug that came in these motors was a cold plug? Or med-cold? These motors are awesome!

lol,thats funny,they come with an r5 plug,not sure what heat range that is but i haven't had any issues with it so far.there is another hobby store across town that has what i want but i don't feel like driving 45 min one way lol

It might run a little hotter but as long as the nitro is the same and oil is close to the number you used for break you should be fine.. or you can up the nitro and oil but you can't go back down to any thing under 20% ..

lol,thats funny,they come with an r5 plug,not sure what heat range that is but i haven't had any issues with it so far.there is another hobby store across town that has what i want but i don't feel like driving 45 min one way lol

Thanks, the manual says what the plugs are I think. I wasn't sure what the old plug said on it 'cause I threw it out. Seems like the MC-8 is working fine for me now though. I put all the needles back to factory settings, then went one full turn in on the HSN and started from there. It was still rich but close enough to run, leaned it out some until I was seeing 220-230 degrees, then gave the LSN and idle screw just a small tweak and it's runnin' like a champ. Also my throttle return spring was preventing me from getting full throttle, I took it off and I'm seeing way more wheelie power now. The highest temp I saw was 245 degrees on a very low tank, under hard running. I think I just had the needles out of whack somehow before because I was barely seeing 200 degrees yet it was having high idle issues like it was lean. I was running Sidewinder 30% nitro / 10% oil in my k5.9, but I may just stick with the 20% / 10% oil for this mill since I used 20% to break it in and it's producing way more power than the other motor anyway. I don't really see a reason to change it for now!

It might run a little hotter but as long as the nitro is the same and oil is close to the number you used for break you should be fine.. or you can up the nitro and oil but you can't go back down to any thing under 20% ..

ok,I'm gonna run 30% after the break in but I'm never gonna run under 20% thats for sure.

same to you mike:cheers:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back