fuel tube in shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhU8MiNe2

i run my savy with 3/4inch of tube in each shock to lower it, just wondering if anyone else does the same. and if so how do you like it

I have heard of others doing this however I haven't run it this way. I just run softer springs which gives it a softer spring rate and lets it sit lower. I want them soft for racing thought. If I wanted it lower whale bashing the fuel tubing is the key. Some have also used zip ties to lower the truck which makes for easy quick changing back and forth however its a bit more difficult to make them even.

I have 3/8" of fuel tubing inside the shocks and it works very well...it still gives plenty of ground clearance & travel, but it still cuts down on body roll quite a bit, by keeping the inside tires from drooping too much in the corners.

Also, I am still running the black springs, with one preload clip per corner...The truck can still jump well without bottoming out, and rough terrain is very manageable, thanks to my other mods. I plan on keeping them this way until the big-bores come out, then I guess I'll start over.

ive done it but high octane hobbies hooked me up witht he mod so... but the ride hight is noticably lower so it corners better and with my 1 3/16 stretchd chassis and the 1 inch offset wheels my truck is a track monster lol even with the 25 in it, i say track monster in comparision as when it was stock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back