fuel tank loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman1

I bought savage x ss kit that was already put together and the fuel tank is loose what would be the best way secure the tank so it doesnt move this truck is factroy stock
thanks ironman1:jamout:

What is your fuel tank currently secured with? On the RTR, and I think its the same as an SS, there are 2 small clips which hold the tank to the fuel tank mounts and the fuel tank will move around making it seem loose.

allanq is right, it will always seem loose stock. If you don't like this you can cut off the portion of plastic that stick up through the holes in the tank. Then drill holes down into the posts and put screws in to hold it down.

yeah..i just got the RTR and its loose as well. I shimmed it and its still a tad loose...its just the design...

thanks I have been reading lot over the few weeks and the has alot info on very good forum

Thanks IORNMAN1:blastaway:

Welcome to the forum ironman1!!! I took some rubber shock O-rings and put around the posts, it helps keep the tank a little more secure. I'm going to make my own mod to secure it tighter later one. I'm still thinking aluminum bolted posts. Not sure yet. It won't bother it much, but it does seem really loose stock. :)

If you look in your book their are o rings just for the fuel tank to kkep it from being loose. Welcome to the site

Welcome! And I find the stock O-Rings are too small and used some larger ones like stated above but it will still move around a bit. X has a good mod there though with the bolts.
Also reverse those shock bolts too so they will be less likely to punch a hole in tank.

Dave

I have a two inch peace of fuel tube, slit down one side so it can slide
over TVP long ways behind the gas tank, it makes it snug

I'll have to try that! With the O-Rings I used, and maybe that fuel line I could really have a tight tank until I get that Ofna Midtank! Yippee!! Good Idea Crash! :)

I use small peaces of fuel tubing like blazer, allso I use a small strip of velcro, cut a peace to fit the tvp. (cut the 2 peaces of velco together) stick it to the tvp ,pull the glue cover on the top peace, slide the tank into position press it on.
to remove the tank, take the clips out pull the bottom of the tank away from the mated peaces. Be sure to clean the tank with alcohal befor you mount it.
keeps the tank secure and not rattling around.
If the velco does end up comming of the tank it will still be on the tvp and keep it farly still, allso keeps the tank from rubbing into the tvp, and scarring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took some RC foam and stuck it to the back of the tank I have a aluminum tank now but same thing it was loose so I put the foam and o rings and aluminum tank mounts and its pretty snug:motorcycle: Here's some pics

yep i did what blazer and others did i cut a piece of fuel line into "o rings" i guess you would call them that anyway but made them thicker then a normal o oring and my tank sits alot tighter i have to push down on the tank a fair bit to slide the clips in but its working great!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back