Fuel tank "guard"? My arse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

got a wheely bar for the sav, was testing it out eariler and this happened.....

dsc02113dz2.jpg

dsc02114va1.jpg

turns out the tank guard bent itself into the rear of the tank and bust it clean in half, great, so much for protecting the tank!

Well anyway, heres the sav with wheely bar, new radio, wheels and shock socks, starting to look like a proper basher now

dsc02115mm7.jpg

dsc02116fb0.jpg

Wow nice damage!:eyecrazy: No wonder why I run mid tank setups.

i wasent jumping thats the thing, i was wheeling about and it rolled, it must of caught the top right corner again. Its been bent out of shape before but last time it didn't break the tank. Thats ****ty GPM parts for ye, going to make my own tank guard out of mild steel.....

Nice carnage....
I have never broken a take bashing or racing, I have no gaurd. I did forget to clip it and was racing, 3nd lap it falls off after a jump, allready had 1 prob. grabed my truck off the track with the tank danglen, no damage. Droped it on the ground (Was a little agrevated at this point), It freggen lands on the tank, fuel everywhere. lmao

my buddy had a leaky tank when he first got his Sav...so he replaced it with a brand new one, and broke it his first day running it...LOL flexed his rear-end so much that the shock mounting screw punched right through it...

got a wheely bar for the sav, was testing it out eariler and this happened.....

dsc02113dz2.jpg

dsc02114va1.jpg

turns out the tank guard bent itself into the rear of the tank and bust it clean in half, great, so much for protecting the tank!

Well anyway, heres the sav with wheely bar, new radio, wheels and shock socks, starting to look like a proper basher now

dsc02115mm7.jpg

dsc02116fb0.jpg
been ther broke many of those, finally invested on alloy tanks on two of mine. Very happy.

I believe what curt is trying to point out here is, this piece of c$%p tank guard IS the reason his why the tank was cracked open like a skull against crow bar. The tank had more of a chance scraping by without the guard than being there to insure the damage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back