fuel problem getting to carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Wolf

hey guys, just a quick question.

I am holding the end of the exhaust, while I try and get the fuel threw the fuel line that I just put on, brand new. and I cant get the fuel to the carb. Would this be a leak in the engine??? and the tank is good 2, I checked it out already!!

I have a Savage X 4.6 RTR (I should of got the kit, I know:stressed:)

Any one with problem solving would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Greg (White Wolf)

o think thats what the problem would be.
if you really need fuel to get to the carb, just take the line off the exhaust nipple, and blow in that, and fuel should get to the carb.

well it solved the problem of the fuel not getting to the carb, but still doesn't answer why it wasn't gettin to the carb normally. does it run fine though?

well it solved the problem of the fuel not getting to the carb, but still doesn't answer why it wasn't gettin to the carb normally. does it run fine though?

Well actually, when I took off the fuel line from the exhaust. I found it really hard to blow the fuel through the line to the carb. :duh:
So I got my wife to blow into the line (because she doesn't smoke, and I do unfortunately) and she had the same problem.

Would this mean that there is something wrong with my fuel tank????

Thx Greg (White Wolf)

I finally figured it out.:stressed::duh::stressed::duh:

I lost two screws to my back plate, where my roto start went in.

Thx to the guys who helped,
Greg

hey there greg..glad you figured it out .. but yes it should be able to prim the engine really easy with the roto start and your finger over the stinger on the pipe.thats the only way ive ever primed any of mine ..and actually i prime mine with finger on the stinger as i have the glow ignitor on the plug so as soon as the gas hits the carb and goes into the cylinder it starts to studder then i release my finger and it kicks over . makes less flooding and is easier on the owb(one way bearing) roto start ect..hope any of this helps you out a lil in the future.. good luck happy bashn..

Members online

Back