Fuel On My Clutch Bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Mantis

I Have Run Just Under 2 Gallons Of Fuel In My Savage And Now All Of A Sudden My Clutch Bell Is Getting Wet With Fuel. I Did Not Spill A Drop So I Think It Is Coming From The Front Of The Engine. Can This Be True? I Have Never Taken The Engine Apart Yet But The Crank Feels Tight. Might I Be In Need Of New Bearings Or Is Their A Seal That Has Gone Bad? I Do Have Zip Ties On The Fuel Line Too. This Slip Is Melting My Spur Gear At About 2/3 Of A Tank After Cleaning The Clutch Bell, Clutch And Replacing The Spur Gear.

The Truck Is A Savage 25 That Has Sat New, Untouched In The Box For About 10 Or More Years. I Thought It Was Lost In A Move. I Put Some Upgrades Into It After The Brake In Such As A 3 Speed Trans, The New Side Frame Rails (I Like The X On The Side), The Stronger SF-50wp Servo And I Made A Skid Plate For The Bottom.
This Thing Is A BEAST And At Around $100 Or So For A New Bigger Engine It Would Be Snapping Dog Bones And Differential Gears Each Time I Hit Full Throttle.

Most likely your front bearing is leaking a bit of burned fuel and it is getting on your flywheel and clutch bell.....

I have beat the hell out of mine and have never had any dog bone or differential problems, ever!

My Issue Is With The Clutch Bell Getting Fuel On It.
I Did Hit A Cement Ramp At FULL Speed On The Side That Would Have Made A Super Sweet Jump But: It Was FLAT On The Side I Hit It On Unlike The Other Side That Was The Side I Did First; SMASH, All That Got Bent Was My Front Skid Plate, The Air Filter Did Pop Off And The Front Diff Was Hurt.
So Ikesavage You Think I Should Just Scrap The Engine That Came With The Truck, (a 2.5) And Go For A Bigger One? I Ran 2 1/2 Quarts Of Fuel After The Crash With No Problems, Until This!
Might I Have Bent The Crank Shaft? If So Big Big Big Block Is The Way I Will Go.

I am running all of hpi plastics including the shocks the only thing that isn't is the a-arms from rpm. As for the mill why not go big or go home right? Have a lrp .32 sitting between the tvp's just waiting to get a new radio now.

Latest posts

Members online

Back