Fuel line tubing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Does anyone know y some put fuleline tubing on their nitro brake line ?

Usually there's fuel tubing or a spring. Tubing is firmer than a spring usually, but allows a bit of give while applying pressure more consistantly over time. If you didn't have one or the other, the brakes would feel more like an on/off switch vs a gradual application of pressure.

Do you use spring and tubing or one or the other...I noticed with the stock spring rig comes to a halt one time even flipped over with the lightest touch of the trigger and I loosened the nut at end of linkage still does it.

I use fuel tubing on the brake and a spring on the throttle. I adjust the EPA on my transmitter to stop the truck in a hurry just short of doing an endo at full brake.

2019-0614-SavageX-Linkage.jpg

I don't have the split horn that is used on a stock truck... or anything else really that was stock. I got the truck used and it the servo I installed didn't fit the horn, so I had to make due with what I had on hand. I like using a captured ball end instead of a z-bend on the pivot if I can. Tends to wear less over time and I end up with less slop. I bent the brake arm/wire as it was going too far forward and was causing it to bind.

The spring on the throttle wire is adjusted so that it puts constant pressure on the carb when at idle and allows for movement when I apply brake. I have it set so that the servo arm moves about 1mm from "idle" before it starts pushing the throttle open.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back