fuel for LRP 28?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

my LHS only carries traxxas fuel, which i use and never had problems with
i have been running 20% in my revo and my old savage, i now have a LRP 28 in a new savage i built and was wondering if i should use traxxas 33% in it?
i want to get the most power out of this engine but don't want to mess around with tuning to much
will the 33% cause to many tuning issues?

you might need to add a head shim. when you get to higher nitro content your engine starts to detonate

Should be ok in a big block without adding a shim but if you find you are blowing glow plugs out often then you may need to add a thin shim. When the weather gets warm I would run a medium or even a cold plug with the higher nitro content. I have been running a cold plug in y stock big block ills on 30% with no problems. Some people in different parts of the country and or different elevations have had better luck with a medium plug.

If there are any other fuels avalible at other lhs it may be worth the drive to get byrons, sidewinder, or odonalds.

They are much better fuels. But if not the traxxas fuel will do. And as said above you shouldn't have to do anything. For where you are and the motor and fuel try the mc8 plug.

I run Sidewinder 30%, 10% oil, and I have to use a cold plug, If I don't the motor cackels at partial throttle. Doesn't do it at full throttle or idle but if I give it anywhere in between it starts doing it again no matter how it's tuned. The cold plug helped eliminate this, I'm not sure but that could possibly be detonation??? I'm using the MC-9 plug I think.

ya, i was just wondering, like i said, they only have traxxas fuel for cars and some other fuel for planes
i used to buy trinity fuel there but he doesnt carry anything like that anymore

Members online

No members online now.
Back