Fuel foam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOAM INSERTED INTO FUEL TANK
This is a simple method of inserting open cell foam into the fuel tank.
Well this one does help one aspect of the problem and that is fuel slosh exposing the fuel pickup. But does absolutely nothing to overcome head pressure effects. One of the main problems is fuel slosh, I have experimented and proven this to be true. The fuel pickup is located at the rear of the tank so that when accelerating or climbing a hill the fuel will flow to the rear and cover the pickup. In theory this is great. The problem is that if you go up a hill you also have to come down. On a road car or boat this is not so much of an issue but with a savage or any off-road vehicle the rough terrain also causes the fuel to slosh around which momentarily exposes the fuel pickup.
RESULTS; This will help minimize the problem of fuel slosh but does nothing for head pressure or the pressure/siphon effect.

I think I am going to test this, I was wondering if the nitro eats the foam and
gums up the works.
The reason Nitro vehicles in general do not run consistent from the top of the tank to the bottom is because as the tank approaches half full the fuel is able to slosh around inside and become aerated, causing the fuel to become enriched with oxygen. This causes the engine to run leaner.

Sounds logical...

If it works out or not I'll get back with the results.

I would serioulsy look for an alternate source for the foam if you really want to try this. $20 for 25 cents worth of foam. Please!
I wrote one of the comments quoted above. Foam will not cure the half tank lean issue and I suspect will only have marginal benefits.
I'm in the process of testing both cline and iron bay regulators for mid tank lean. If they work I will also be using a clunk line and not foam.

Latest posts

Members online

Back