frozen servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNation

Mister QUESTION with no SEARCHIES
my servo freezes randomly and i have no idea what it is. esc and motor are fine, all electronics are fine except the servo. when the servo doesn't work anymore the wheels are locked to the servo. There is power getting to the servo because i can't turn the wheels freely like when the servo is off unless i turn off the esc.

any ideas??

Depending on the type of servo, dead spot in the servo motor or potentiometer (what it uses to sense position for centering, etc). Either replace the servo motor, or get a whole new servo.

i have a pretty good servo....ds8611...i wouldn't want to replace that big boy... it will hurt my pocket.

hopefully they turn out to be nice servos.
I will be switching to 7.4v soon, but not right now. need to still do more heavy research on it

Last edited:
i sealed it 2 years back and not a problem ever since. the servo was fully submerged before but that was a year back. i don't think it got wet because I've gotten a servo wet before i have an idea of what happens then. jr american and they advised me to contact horizon hobby. Horizon hobby made me sign a policy agreement and i will send them the servo without receipt and well see what happens. i do not expect them to fix anything unless i pay something not to mention the shipping that i will also pay to send the package to them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back