FR Ray's truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FR Rayward

Hey folks! Here's my build thread. It started out by me buying a cheap Savage Flux roller off ebay, without shell, tires or shocks. I put the electrics from my late E-savage into it, with a thought to upgrading later. The motor actually goes really well, but the kv is a bit too high for a heavy truck like the flux. The stock HP motor will probably be bought soon, I'm gonna miss my trusty Medusa.. Other bits and pieces have been added, and I'd like to get a CF LCG standard length chassis soon too. I use my truck for jumping mainly. Mostly at the bmx track, some trail and paddock bashing too. Specs are:

- Savage Flux HP
- Medusa 36-60-3100kv motor
- Castle MMM V3
- 4S 6000mah run packs, 5S speed packs
- PRC LCG towers, wing mount
- BP diffs
- Badlands on 3/4 Ofna offset rims, dyed black
- Hellfire shocks (perfect length for towers!)
- Towerpro servo (quite crap ehh)
- Relocated electronics
- Integy Rear carriers
- HPI Hellfire or Proline Baja bug body (painted)
- Wing, wheelie bar
- Futaba 2.4g

I think thats it. Now for pics! Please excuse the mud!!

100_4684.jpg

100_4685.jpg

100_4681.jpg

100_4682.jpg

100_4683.jpg

Here's a video of a speed run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKxCHZY18lM on 5S, sorry no jumping videos yet.

Enjoy! Please comment!

awsome setup my man!!!!! also great vid,i can never get over the amount of power they put out,to be able to wheelie at 40mph is just raw power..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Truck man!
I am digging the Shock towers. I was thinking about getting it my self. Are you happy with them ?

Very happy. They are the perfect size, I've always liked a low set truck. A few small mods you have to do to install them, and the wing mount's a bit of a pain, but after that they work brilliant.

Thanks for the comments!

nice truck ray. am i seeing a shock that has pulled out of its ball end on the right rear?

Give this man a prize! Haha, I was waiting for someone to spot that. I was hitting dirt jumps with the truck yesterday, over boosted, 15ft to flat.. next attempt was better, 10 ft to flat.. that happened. Fixed it this morning, and went for another sesh just now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back