for those with or looking to get rear eliminator hubs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

most know that when you get them you cant use the stock bottom hinge pins, well heres how i got around that, it actually came out pretty good and looks like its ment to be this way... very clean.

i just used two small spacers that were on my radio shack rc snowmoblie that i disassembled. they were perfect fit with not grinding, and they made it a tight fit, theres not side to side movement at all.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

wellll that was a xmas present a few years back sooooo freeee. haha
could just use any spacers even the black plastic spacer thats inside your 2 speed tranny just cut it in half and sand it to fit.

wellll that was a xmas present a few years back sooooo freeee. haha
could just use any spacers even the black plastic spacer thats inside your 2 speed tranny just cut it in half and sand it to fit.

great ideas badd, hs dark had a pretty good idea with the fuel tube also

I just recently got some rear eliminaters as I got tired of pushing the stock tie rods back on after all the massive jumps I do. ;0 Thanks for the heads up fellas, I would have just tried to put them on and then got mad when I figured out I needed more parts.

Do the Integy or Atomic hubs have toe-in built into them? Or does the rear end of the truck basically have 0` of toe in with these hubs?

The Integy ones your stuck with 0. I bent the rod that came with my Integy ones and I just did a trapped pin setup like on my E Firestorm.
000_2132.jpg

That looks good...might have to try that captured pin idea you did up!

Do you know if the Atomic ones have toe built in? 0` rear toe is gonna make it pretty squirrely on a track.

I don't think the Atomic ones do either. The HPI suspension upgrade has a set in it that are -1 toe but you have to get the whole (purple!!!) set to get them.

i know the integy ones are 0 toe not sure about the atomics but if they are sold as singles andnot pairs i would guess they are 0 toe as well

I don't think the Atomic ones do either. The HPI suspension upgrade has a set in it that are -1 toe but you have to get the whole (purple!!!) set to get them.

Sorry bud, but you don't! :eek:

The part numbers you need are 86375 and # 86384. They fit with standar arms, but...

DSC00178.jpg

As you can see, the lower pins are a bit too long, here I fixed it with a bit of fuel line.

I later used an m4 bolt.

Also worth mentioning, you will need adjustable upper arms, as IMo, without them the standard solid arms give positive camber.

HTH Bud.

[hs] darkshine;101663 said:

The part numbers you need are 86375 and # 86384. They fit with standar arms, but...

Also worth mentioning, you will need adjustable upper arms, as IMo, without them the standard solid arms give positive camber.

HTH Bud.

Good call! I did a little searching on HPI's site, but I can't find where you can actually buy the parts seperately...any where in the US that sells the individual parts?

HPI rear tierod elliminators work on rpm a arms

[hs] darkshine;101663 said:

DSC00178.jpg

As you can see, the lower pins are a bit too long, here I fixed it with a bit of fuel line.

I later used an m4 bolt.

HTH Bud.

hi wanted to know if the hpi rear tierod elliminators work with the rpm aarms. cause u said youneed an ajustable upper arm or it will give me a positive angle....

does any one have this doen RPM arms and hpi rear tierod elliminators?

rrear tierods hpi on RPM A ARMS

well i just got em yesterday in the mail ( my l/r rear tierod elliminators from HPI. and i made em fit they are great i used a spacer on one side an since i onoly had one i used some fuel tube on the other side. but i will go to my LHS on monday and buy some more spacers so gettem all with spacers. and it looks just like badass savage. perfect fit.... ill post pics tonight

If your going to buy spacers just get the right pins Ill post up the part # in a bit once I dig it up.

I tried both the Atomic R/C pieces and Integy about a year ago. I preferred the Integy piece because it came with the proper hinge pin and clips. For the Atomic setup I just cut my stock hinge pin to length and then filed a new groove for the e-clip.

Here's the Atomic piece from my old truck.

2e1ebb41.jpg

e40a69ef.jpg

I plugged the part numbers in google as hpi #86376 for the hinge pins from the race suspension I got a few results of a few places selling the pins for about $4 for all 4. there is even a listing on ebay for them as well too. I'm sure the same could be done for the rear hubs

so far i have about a gallon on these carriers, they are holding up to some thrashing but the plastic insearts that go in with the bearings seem to like to come out a little and get torn up. i havnt done some crazy jumps or anything but so far so good with them holding up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back